Chapter 63: Staying Up Late

A/N
Okay I know these chapters haven't been the best lately but they've just been fillers, really. Mainly because THERE'S ONLY SEVEN CHAPTERS LEFT! Sad it's gonna finish soon as I've loved writing it so much but excited because I'm having a second book which will be up almost straight after this one is finished and I can't wait. So yeah, sorry if the past ten chapters have been shit, I have just been planning the last chapter and haven't even thought about the other ones I have needed to write haha.
Mazzie.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I turn over in bed. It's half two. I just can't sleep. Jet lag maybe, but I'm not convinced. I'm just not tired. Joe, on the other hand, fell asleep the second his head hit the pillow. He's been quite tired recently and there's no surprise in that. He's had to do a lot around here. So, I'm going to do something for myself. I get up as quietly as possible and leave the room, shutting the door after me silently.

I take myself up to my office room. I sit on the floor and cross my legs, finding the instruction book for the Alex 9 drawers. They aren't that hard to put together, surprisingly. At first, it's a little difficult and it takes me an hour to build the first set and move it to the left hand side of the wallpapered wall, but the second one only takes forty minutes to build and move around until I'm happy with where both drawers are; either side of the wallpapered wall. I also build the table, which takes fifty minutes to assemble. This goes in front of the window, opposite the wallpapered wall. I place my computer on it and my laptop in front of the computer, placing my mouse on the sparkly pink mouse mat I have bought. I then find the boxes containing my makeup and decide on what is going to go in which drawers. I decide on the order of the first set and write it down:
Drawer one: Primers/ Bases
Drawer two: Foundations/ Concealers
Drawer three: Powders/ Bronzers
Drawer four: Blushers/ Highlighters
Drawer five: Brows/ Eye Pencils
Drawer six: Eyeshadow palettes
Drawer seven: Single/ Duo/ Trio/ Quad Eyeshadows
Drawer eight: Mascara/ False Eyelashes
Drawer nine: Pigments/ Glitter
And then the second set:
Drawer one: Lipsticks
Drawer two:Lip Glosses
Drawer three: Lip Pencils/ Lip Balms
Drawer four: Skin Care
Drawer five: Skin Care
Drawer six: Shadow Shields/ Makeup Removers
Drawer seven: Backup Face Products/ Backup Brushes
Drawer eight: Backup Eye Products
Drawer nine: Backup Lip Products

Once I finish drafting where everything is going to go, I do begin to feel slightly tired. I can't begin to put anything in the drawers because I don't have containers for everything and I can't put the shelves up because I'll make too much noise. Instead, I just plop down the stairs, back to bed. I have always found it weird that the attic had stairs instead of a ladder but I guess it's because there are rooms up there. I crawl under the covers next to Joe and bury my face in his chest, falling asleep straight away.

'Morning, gorgeous.' Joe smiles at me.
'Hey.' I yawn, sitting up and stretching. 'How'd you sleep?'
'Fine, you?'
'Not too bad.' I reply, getting up. I don't really want Joe to know I was up almost all night working on my room. 'Can we go out again? I need containers for my makeup.'
'Sure.' Joe shrugs. I quickly change into some jeggings and a white t-shirt.

Me and Joe are out the house by ten to get the containers and back for eleven, meaning I can start on my room again. 'Estelle? Why is your room, like, nearly done?'
'What do you mean?'
'The table and drawers are all built.' Joe frowns as I walk up the stairs.
'Yeah. Um, about that . . .' I look down, tracing small circles in the carpet with my foot. 'I built them overnight when I couldn't sleep.' I explain. Awkward. Joe just looks at me, confused. 'I get it, I'm "pregnant". But I can do things myself.' I say matter-of-factly, crossing my arms. 'Um, okay. I was just wondering.' Joe turns on his heel and leaves for his room. Stress is an understatement right now.

'Joe! Could you give me a hand?' I shout through to Joe's room.
'Okay, I'll be a minute!' Joe shouts back. A minute later and Joe is in my room, covered head to toe in paint. 'How have you done that?' I laugh.
'The paint almost fell off the ladder. I caught it, though.' Joe frowns, making me laugh more. 'Anyways, I need you to give me a hand drilling.' I mark the points on the wall and Joe drills them for me and helps me put the shelving units and things up. It takes a while because I need one shelving unit all the way up to the ceiling from the floor. Once the blinds are up, I put the curtains up before I can begin to organise my drawers and put things on the shelves. This in itself is taking forever.

After about half an hour, I hear shouting coming from next door. I did leave the door open, though, so I'm not too surprised. 'That's right! Piss off, you fucker!'
'Joe, what the fuck are you doing?!' I ask, walking across the room. He's playing "Assassin's Creed". 'Huh? Oh, filming for my gaming channel. Say hi.'
'Hey, y'all. I think we need to stop swearing. Not a good influence on the kids.'
'Yeah. That's a good point, actually.' Joe replies. I continue placing the foundations in the containers, which are now in the drawer.

'Alright, progress update?' Joe asks, stretching.
'Both drawers are full. All my nail polish is almost totally organised. Could you start putting my shoes on the shelves?' I ask Joe, pointing to several boxes in the middle of the room. Joe nods and opens the box containing some of my heels. I instruct him to put the heels near the top and the trainers near the bottom. He does so and it's not long before we are both just putting shoes on the shelves. 'How many shoes do you have?' Joe pants, pretending to be out of breath.
'Two hundred pairs, I think.' Joe's eyes widen. 'What? We've only got one more shelf.' I reason, continuing to put the shoes away. After this, I'm practically done.

I pin up the fairy lights on the wall above my desk and put the last finishing touches to the room, like place the sofa, chandelier, cushions, YouTube stuff and clock. I am satisfied, so I FaceTime Tan and Zoë to show them my room but only get through to Tan. She seems to really like just how girly it is. I also show her the whole house whilst I'm at it, including Joe's room, where he is swearing his head off at the game he is playing. Me and Tan do our best to not giggle at how irritated he is getting. 'Okay, well I'm going to go to bed.'
'Oh shit, did I wake you up? Sorry Tan.'
'No probs, love. Speak to you very soon!'
'Bye!' I finish FaceTime with Tanya and decide to get some food. I'm starving.