Chapter 41: Are You Sure?

I stare at the e-mail. They've accepted me. I Skype Joe instantly, hardly able to contain my excitement. 'Hello?' He's hungover, I can tell.

'Hey babe. Happy birthday!'

'Thanks, love.' Joe replies, smiling.

'Also, they've accepted me!' I squeal, jumping up and down on the bed.

'Oh my God, that's amazing! Congrats, baby!' Joe smiles.

'See? This is what I have to deal with. I'm hungover and Joe is on Skype with his girlfriend.' Caspar sighs, making me laugh. Joe tilts the laptop and I see Caspar with his phone out, probably snapchatting.

'Hi Caspar!' I grin, waving with both hands.

'Hey. I've spied something . . .' He trails off.

The ring. Oh shit, I'm wearing the ring. Now it looks like me and Joe are engaged, which very truly is not the case. 'Gorgeous, right? Joe got me a promise ring.' I blush. Caspar smirks, 'Yeah, that's what it is.' I glare at him in response.

'It is!' I argue back, chuckling.

'Babe, I've got to go. We were supposed to get to Bestival, like, half an hour ago.'

'Alright. Enjoy yourself.'

Once I finish Skyping Joe, I get changed into black skinny jeans and a black and white baseball tee. I brush my hair and put it in a ponytail, do my makeup and pull on a pair of black trainer heels. After I get my bag ready and am leaving the apartment, I text Joe.

Me: You're sure you are okay with the whole job thing? :/ Xx

He replies almost instantly,

Joe: Yes. I'm so proud of you!:D Xx

Me: I'm going to have to go to Australia beforehand, just to check it out. Thinking about going for two weeks to Townsville. You in? Xx

Joe: Definitely :) Xx

I arrive at university and head straight for my lessons, excited for my new job. Once my classes are finished I text Joe again, generally concerned as to whether or not he's okay with the whole Australia thing. He seems like he is but chances are he's not.

Me: Sure?? Xx

Joe: YES!!<3 Xx

Even if he's not alright, he won't tell me.

Me: Are you sure? Xx

Joe: Estelle I'm sure. It's Australia! Xx:)

Guess I'll just have to go with it, then.

I get back to the apartment and settle down to make a video. Maybe a fun one. I've had an idea in my head for a while now and I might as well film it now. 'Hello, Little Secrets! So today I thought I would do a fun video of five things that I really don't understand.' I smile at the camera. 'Number one: When you ask someone what they want to do and they say, "whatever". You are clearly asking this person to be polite and because you have no idea what to do and they just be up in here like, "whatever". MAKE IT OBVIOUS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE AT THIS MOMENT! I don't know, I'm not a mind reader! So then you be like, "cinema?" and they be like, "yeah, sure . . . whatever". What is with the "whatever"s? So for future reference, please make it clear what you want to do because chances are I don't have a clue what we should do so please don't put me in the awkward situation where I have to think of something off the top of my head.'

I rant on for a few other things. The last point I make is, 'When you ask someone if they are okay with something and you know they are not but they say they are fine with it . . . Joe Sugg, I'm talking about you.' I laugh, 'So the other day before Joe went to Bestival I got some exciting news which I can't tell y'all about just yet. It's a surprise! But yeah, I was like, "Are you sure you're okay with this?" You guys will understand what I'm talking about real soon. Joe was like, "Yeah, of course. This is amazing!" But I could just tell that he really didn't want to say it was fine because it quite clearly wasn't. But I'm still going to do this surprise and I can't wait to tell y'all what it is! But Joe, babe, if you're not alright with it, just tell me.

'So that is all I have for you guys this week I hope you enjoyed and if you did, click that like button! If you haven't already and want to then click the subscribe button as it means the complete world to me and thank you all for watching and I'll see you in my next video. Keep your secrets safe until next time, guys. Bye!' I finish with my outro and press the stop button. I can hardly wait for my new job but I just wish Joe would tell me if he wasn't sure so we could find a way for us to stay together full time. I guess he could move too, right?