Chapter 42: Cold Weather & Shopping

I wake up and stretch, keeping my body inside the duvet. It's one of those winter mornings where it's minus three and you wish you never have to get up. 'Great. It's the middle of November and it's too cold to function.' I sigh into my pillow. Joe chuckles and pulls the duvet off me, making me squeal as the icy cold air hits my body. I get up and yawn, stretching as I do. I head into the living room and switch on the Xbox One, finding COD and grabbing one of the remotes. Joe takes the other and we sit on the sofa to play COD for a while.

'No!' Joe shouts at the top of his voice. I laugh menacingly.

'Face it, I'm better than you at this game.'

'I refuse to accept that.' Joe rushes, clearly agitated. I giggle,

'Joe, it's only a game!'

'Yeah, but I'm really competitive.' He says, not taking his eyes off the screen.

I slay Joe within another twenty minutes and he forces me to quit. I vlog his annoyance and laugh so hard I nearly wee myself. You see when Joe gets annoyed, he swears . . . a lot. After he's finished his rant about how he should have won, I just crawl back into bed. I check my e-mails, as I am getting quite a few from Sadie with the job only being six or seven months away. After this, I use all of my strength to pull myself out of bed again to get ready.

I change into some black leggings, a cream vest top, a cream knitwear sweater, some brown winter boots and green parka jacket. I zip it up and clean my teeth, do my hair and makeup and pull the hood to the coat up over my head, stepping into the living room. Joe laughs when he sees me.

'Where are you going?' He asks me.

'Out.' I reply simply, finding my keys. He stands and finds his shoes, making me chuckle.

'What?'

'You're going out like that? Joe, you'll freeze!' I exclaim. He's wearing his black skinnies, which are fine, but has a white t-shirt on and that's it, really.

'Well, I'll put a jacket on, silly.' He makes a funny face and I giggle.

'We're in Newcastle! We weren't really sure what to do today so me and Joe decided to go for a wander. When is it we are going on holiday? Two weeks?' I ask Joe who nods before I turn back to the camera. 'Yeah. Me and Joe are going on holiday to Australia for two weeks as part of my surprise, which I'll tell you guys about in a main channel video a day or two before the holiday. But yeah, I need more clothes, because even though it's our winter, it's their summer, so it'll be boiling hot.' I explain to the camera, turning into Topshop.

'Ooh, this is gorgeous!' I exclaim, holding up a dark blue, flowy dress covered with a bright pink and green pattern. Joe nods and I can tell he's getting bored, as I've been in here forty five minutes. I add the dress to my overloaded basket and take Joe's hand. 'I'll try them on when we get home. I need you to help me decide which stuff looks good and which stuff looks bad.' I keep hold of Joe's hand until I pay. I take the huge bag and then we go and look for Joe next door in Topman.

Once we've finished shopping, we head home. I take off to our bedroom to try on the clothes. It was really hard to find anything summery as it was mostly winter stuff so I grabbed everything bright which I liked in the shop. I lay out my options on the bed:

Four dresses,

Three bikinis,

Five tops,

Four pairs of shorts,

Three pairs of sandals,

Two pairs of high heels,

A bunch of accessories and makeup items.

'Did you buy the whole shop?' Joe laughs.

'No, just all the bright things.'

'How much did it cost?' I feel my face heat a little at his question.

'Erm . . . over two hundred and fifty? I think? Something like that.' His eyes widen at my answer. 'Well, I needed holiday stuff. It's hot in Australia.' He laughs as I try to stand my ground for over-spending. 'Now, go play Outlast or something. I need to change.' I say, ushering him from the room.

I try on the clothes as outfits and show Joe each one. They all look fine, so there's no point taking any back. I'll probably buy more anyways, I desperately need stuff for the holiday. I'm really excited to go to Australia as I've never been, and I can't wait to see where my new job is. I change back into my leggings and sweater and put a couple of gold rings in my piercings. I exit the bedroom and enter the living room, squealing when I look out of the window.

'Oh my God, it's snowing!' I jump up and down and run to the window, pressing my face against the glass. Fairly large, white snowflakes are falling heavily outside the window. I stick my hand out of the window and giggle when the cold flakes hit my hand. Joe wraps his arms around my waist and rests his head on my shoulder. 'You're such a kid.' He chuckles. I smile and shut the window, stepping back.

'I know. I'm obsessed with snow.' That rhymes. A thought pops into my mind out of nowhere. 'Joe, when we go away, I need to look for somewhere to live.' Joe nods but doesn't say anything. I'm sad about leaving him but at least he can visit, right? I peck him on the lips and he smiles. I look out the window once again, still smiling. Snow is my favourite kind of weather.

'Will it ever stop snowing?' Joe asks, looking out of the window. He sounds slightly agitated, which causes me to become curious. 'Where are you going in such a hurry?' I ask curiously. It's been snowing for two hours straight and it's a full-blown storm, but we're not going anywhere so it doesn't really matter. Joe shrugs, 'Don't know. I just want to go out.' I nod cautiously and divert my attention back to twitter. I pull out my phone and take a picture of an agitated Joe standing by the window and tweet it with "@Joe_Sugg is angry about the snow storm. Funny and adorable at the same time." for a caption.

Joe pulls out his phone and smiles, shooting me an annoyed yet playful look. I giggle and read the replies to the tweet. As I refresh my feed, one of Joe's tweets pops up. (A/N random twitter name) "@EstelleMay obsessed with her life on the internet . . . what about me? :(" I see a picture attached of me with my laptop on my knee and I have my phone in my hand. I tweet him back with: "@Joe_Sugg stop standing at the window then! I want a cuddle!" Moments later Joe looks down at his phone, smiles and sits with me on the sofa. He wraps his arms around my waist and buries his face in the crook of my neck. I kiss his forehead. 'That's better.' I say, closing the twitter page.

We sit like this for about ten minutes and it's surprisingly comfortable. I glance up and nudge Joe. 'Babe, it's stopped snowing.' He looks up and nods slowly, making me chuckle. 'Were you asleep?'

'Maybe.' He mumbles. I giggle and get up, leaving Joe to flop face first onto the sofa. I'm beginning to wonder what time it is, to be honest. It's six o' clock, so I head to the freezer and find the pizza me and Joe are having for tea. It's late but I think I'll make a cake as well. I've got all the ingredients and stuff, so I don't see why not. I stick the pizza in the oven and wait, putting my headphones on as I find the ingredients. Maybe I'll prank Joe as a little revenge.