Chapter 66: Night In Night Out

'Joe, get up!'
'What time is it?' Joe asks warily.
'A time. Hurry up, I need to show you something!' I grab Joe's arm and pull him out of bed and up towards the attic rooms where I have set up a ladder in my room. I climb up it and open the skylight to the crisp air of the night. 'What the fuck are you doing?! Have you forgotten you're pregnant?!' Joe asks me worriedly. I can hardly see him, he's just a silhouette. I smile cheerily in his direction and hoist myself up and out of the skylight, onto the roof. I hear Joe saying something and then I hear him climbing the ladder. 'Babe, what are y—?' He cuts himself off.
'I know, right? Why else would I be up here?' I ask him, lying back.

We're on the roof of our house. It's really dark the way we are facing, towards the beach. The tide is completely in and the waves are crashing softly against one another, stopping just before the sand dunes. The sky is completely clear and is full of bright, twinkly stars. The crescent moon hangs low in the sky, reflecting off the sea and waves beautifully. It looks so beautiful. 'Wow.' Joe whispers, boosting himself up and sitting next to me on the roof.
'It's stunning, I know.' I breathe, taking in the salty sea air and closing my eyes, sitting up once again.

Me and Joe talk, diminishing the tension from earlier. Joe has an arm around me and I'm resting my head on his shoulder. 'Remember when we used to be super cheesy?'
'We still are, aren't we?'
'Well yeah,' I start, 'But now I don't think we're as bad. Like, I feel like we keep ourselves to ourselves more than we used to and by that I mean we just don't inform other people of things which are cheesy. And we're not as cheesy around other people. I like it, I think.'
'You think?'
'I think.' I smirk. I really do. I feel quite embarrassed by any past PDA and stuff and it makes me feel awkward. The awkwardness does go away quickly and soon me and Joe are lying on our backs, eyes closed and lying close to one another. I rest my head on Joe's chest. 'Goodnight.' I mumble quietly. 'Night.' Joe just manages to say before we both fall asleep.

----------------

'Guys, seriously! This isn't funny!' I hear someone shout. I turn over and look up at the clear blue sky. I sit up and feel my eyes widen. Shit. 'Joe!' I shake Joe awake as quickly as possible and he groans, shooing my hand away. 'Estelle, don't!' He complains, turning over and trying to go to sleep again.
'Joe, seriously! We fell asleep on the roof and Zo and Alfie have no idea where we are!' I whisper yell, tugging at his arm. He bolts upright and I nearly fall back. Thank God this part of the roof is flat otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd have fallen off. Joe grabs my arm quickly and pulls me into him, cuddling me. 'Sorry.' He apologises, kissing my forehead. I turn around and kiss him passionately, laughing. 'Shh, let's scare them.' I whisper, peering into the building through the open window.

I see Zoë leave the room, followed by Alfie. Alfie turns and gestures to the ladder and open window. I duck back and out of sight, face pressed against the roof next to Joe's. 'Why is this open? What?'
'Estelle probably just opened the window earlier. She told me she needs to use the ladder to open it as it gets a bit warm in this room sometimes. What shall we do? Their phones are here, they've left their keys and we have no idea where they've gone.' Zoë sounds so worried and I feel bad for this momentarily, but the feeling fades when I realise that this scare is going to be worth her worrying. For me, anyways.

They both leave and in a few minutes I hear another door open and crawl towards the edge, seeing Zo and Alfie in the back garden, heading towards the back gate and down the beach. As I watch them rush down the sand dunes, I crawl towards the open window and slip down onto the ladder, Joe following me. We grab our vlogging cameras and run back up the stairs, Joe hiding in my wardrobe in my attic room. I keep an eye out and see Zo and Alfie heading back within five minutes. I quickly rush down the ladder and hide next to Joe in the wardrobe. I hear footsteps and stay as quiet as possible next to Joe, trying not to laugh at how amusing this is going to be.

I get ready to scream as I hear Zo's voice approaching the wardrobe. The door opens and me and Joe throw ourselves forward, 'RARRR!' We shout loudly as we knock Zoë and ourselves to the floor. 'AHHHHH!' Zo screams as me and Joe roll around in stitches.
'Zoë!' Alfie shouts, a startled look on his face as he reaches the doorway of the room. He begins laughing when he sees me and Joe with our cameras out and a petrified Zo on the floor as we laugh. 'Where the hell were you two?!' Zo asks, trying to act annoyed but cracking a smile and giggling instead.

'We, um . . . we fell asleep on the roof.' Joe mumbles, rubbing the back of his neck and looking down at the floor. So cute. I awe and hug him, pecking his cheek. Zo and Alfie look quite confused. I wouldn't call this PDA. 'The roof?' Zoë sounds like she doesn't believe us. I nod and take her arm, beginning to climb up the ladder. Zo looks breath taken when she pokes her little head out of the skylight. 'Okay, this would make sense.' She whispers as she pulls herself up and sits next to me on the roof. She is followed by Joe and Alfie shortly after and we all sit on the roof, looking out at the ocean, deep blue. The view is gorgeous in the day, too.

Zoë and Alfie are going out to do something now as it's their last full day tomorrow. I think they're going to the shopping centre or something like that. Me and Joe just chill watching I'm A Celebrity . . . Get Me Out Of Here! and being creased at Ant and Dec. After this I text Courtney and ask her if she wants to come over to meet Joe and Alfie and Zoë when they get back. She agrees so I inform Joe and he's fine with her coming over. I feel quite excited for her as I know Courtney loves YouTubers. After Zoë and Alfie get back, it's only another ten minutes until the door bell rings.