Chapter 22: Vidcon

The last day. It's the last day. I get up sharpish and get changed into my fuchsia sundress with sapphire flowers printed on it. I have my bathing suit on underneath, but I'll get changed in the afternoon so I can show up to Vidcon looking a little more dressed up as it's the last day. I slip on my flip-flops and hear Joe groan loudly. 'How are you awake already?'

'I'm an early riser. Plus I want to make the most of the last day of L.A . . . the last day we can spend together for I dunno, a while, I guess?' Joe nods, getting up and stretching. He grabs my hand and squeezes it gently. 'You're right. Let me get ready, I'll meet you by the pool.'

I take the sun lounger next to Tan. She turns her head towards me and smiles, 'Hey, how's life?' I love Tan's conversations with me, they flow with ease but to anyone else our topics would just seem a little weird. 'Well, it's decent. Kind of just like a hole in my heart at the moment, y'know.' Tan nods, frowning slightly. 'How's things going with you?' I put on my sunglasses and keep my attention on Tan. 'It's good. S'all good.' We make conversation, talking and laughing, until Joe scoops me up and jumps into the pool with me.

'Joe, man!' I gasp and see Joe laughing, dripping wet at the side of the pool. I swim towards him and climb out, grabbing my towel. 'Why am I always the target?!' I moan. Tan laughs but pulls me into a hug.

'Victim!' I hear Joe shout. I laugh but let go of Tan to chase Joe around the pool . . . why do I feel like I've been here before? That's because I have. Oh, the joys of being me. I end up chasing him so he's forced to jump in the pool. I stop myself to avoid getting soaked all over again and go back to lying on my sun lounger, earphones on.

After an hour or so of relaxing and watching the boys wrestle each other into the pool, I head to get ready. I shower and wash my hair, drying it and then straightening it and tying it into a ponytail. I pull on a flowy violet dress which trains towards the back but the dress is about knee length at the front. I add a thin white, glossy belt and some purple ballet pumps. I do my makeup as normal, but use purple eyeshadows to create a purple smokey eye.

I head downstairs and grab my drawing pad before I pull out my vlogging camera. 'We're about to go to the last day of Vidcon!' I exclaim as more youtubers pile down the stairs. I vlog for a further five minutes with various youtubers in the house before we all climb into the squished-up mess known as the minivan. I end up sharing again so I take the seat with Tan.

A further ten minutes pass before we make the dash into the place Vidcon is held at. Today is another main stage followed by a meet-up and then a break before another meet-up. I feel like I've done so many meet-ups over the past few days it's weird. I've loved it, don't get me wrong, but I can't appreciate each person coming to see me and I just feel like I need to let them know. I decide that that will be my next video, a thank you to everyone who came and to all my subscribers for all the support.

Soon we're backstage, so I engage in conversation with Zoë and Niomi. We're talking about our plans for when we get back to England. 'Well, me and Alfie are going out for dinner the night after we get back, so do you both want to come up maybe Tuesday?' Niomi nods enthusiastically as I think for a minute.

'Sounds good. I think I'm visiting Joe that week as well, so I could avoid a double trip.' Zoë squeals excitedly and hugs us both. I'm looking forward to it, I don't get to see Niomi or Zoë very often, also I'm staying with Joe and then Tan is coming up the next week. Busy, busy, busy. Soon, we hear the screams which signal that it's basically time to stop the talking and get onto the stage.

The screams get louder as all the Brits head onto the stage. Once again, the lights are blinding and I can't see very well until my vision adjusts. We take our seats on the stage and turn our attention to the screen behind us. I'm plonked between Zoë and Niomi, who are currently on screen. They've filmed a collab video where part of a song is played and they have to guess what song it is. It's extremely funny and I'm in stitches by the end. The Brits then play a challenge on the stage where the youtuber picked is blindfolded and another youtuber is chosen. The group must then describe that youtuber to the person blindfolded and see if they can guess them right.

The first person to be blindfolded is Jim. The other youtuber chosen is Louise, and by the time the clue is blonde and pink hair, he's guessed who it is. The game continues like this for a while and I guess right with Phil. After the game, there's another collab played, which is Zoë and Tan's, before it's time to head for meet and greet. We all say our goodbyes and thanks to Vidcon before we head to the meet-ups.

Today, my meet-up is with Zoë and Tan, and later it is with Niomi and Louise. We wait behind the door for a minute before heading through and into the room. Before the meet-up, we show a few collab videos to the audience sitting on the chairs and then we get selfies and pictures, sign a few things, and then we have to leave. It's a shame: I don't want it to end. It's still another hour or so until my meet and greet with Louise and Niomi, so there's going to be a lot of waiting around, which is fine. Joe, Jim and Alfie are still doing their meet and greet so me, Tan and Zoë burst through the doors of the room they are in and jump towards them, giggling messes. Alfie stumbles backwards a little, Jim just laughs and manages to re-gain his balance sharpish and then there's Joe . . . who falls on the floor.

Joe laughs and rubs the back of his head, looking up at me. 'What was that for?'

'We've finished. We wanted to surprise you!' I giggle. We then take more pictures and sign things for fans and within half an hour, the boys' meet and greet has come to an end, and we leave the room, waving goodbye to the fans. As soon as we leave, we're all trying to wrestle the other to the ground. The boys are trying to get payback for half an hour ago. Joe has my face an inch off the ground, but I flip myself over so he is face palming the floor. I stand up and laugh as Joe struggles to get up. 'Are your parents secret ninjas?' Joe asks warily.

'Nope.' I pop the "p", still giggling. 'I did martial arts, remember? I stayed until I got my black belts and then finished in, like, year nine or ten?' Joe seems to remember and his mouth forms an "o" shape. 'But you beat me. Now I might as well walk around with "MY GIRLFRIEND BEAT ME!" wrote on my forehead.' I giggle and kiss Joe gently on the forehead before skipping off down the corridor.

The meet-up with Louise and Niomi went really well, too. We met a tonne of fans, and it's made me feel really grateful to be where I am today. A successful youtuber who has the most amazing boyfriend in the whole world, which most girls dream of having. The second we get inside the villa, I head upstairs to make the thank you video I've been planning to do all day.