Chapter 56: Answer

'Yes!' I breathe but squeal, a tear escaping my eye. The room erupts with applause as Joe slips the ring onto my finger and stands, lifting me up off my feet into a hug and kissing me passionately. 'I love you so much.' I cry into his shoulder, unable to stop smiling. 'I love you more.' He replies.
'Not possible.' I beam.
'Do you like it?' Joe asks, biting his lip and putting me down.
'Yes! It's stunning!' I gasp, gazing at the ring. It's a very simple silver ring with a large and simple diamond as its centrepiece. Zo rushes over and pulls me into a huge hug. 'Congrats!' She squeals. I laugh and smile.
'Thank you, this is the best Christmas ever!' I honestly cannot stop smiling. I feel like I'm on top of the world and nothing can take me from that place. I look towards Joe again who is with my brothers and Alfie.

'Did you all know about this?' I ask, shock overcoming me. Alfie nods.
'Even Zo. She lied about not having a clue. Joe hardly stopped going on about it all week!' Alfie admits. Joe blushes and I give him another hug.
'Well, you kept it a secret alright. Thank you so much!' I speak, still in a state of shock. How has this not got out? I must have been really unobservant recently, which isn't really like me. 'Best Christmas ever.' I announce yet again, sipping my Fanta.

After the excitement and constant vlogging dies down, it's half ten. We put on a Christmas movie and by the end, Joe has fallen asleep, his head on my shoulder. Zoë has also fallen asleep with her head on Alfie's lap. I giggle and find Joe's camera. 'The Suggs are very sleepy.' I giggle, vlogging the two of them. I hold the camera to Joe's face. 'Estelle.' Joe mumbles, grabbing the camera. I giggle as he opens his eyes tiredly and smiles. He turns the camera off and cuddles me like I'm a giant teddy bear. 'C'mon, mister! You need to go to sleep.' I smile. Joe nods and stretches before standing up. Alfie manages to shake Zo awake and we all say goodnight to each other before heading to our rooms.

I get changed quickly and crawl under the covers next to Joe. I slip my ring off and put it on the bedside table, smiling like a lunatic. Joe grins and pulls me into him. 'Goodnight babe, I love you.' I whisper, stroking his hair.
'I love you too.' He whispers back sleepily. Joe is asleep within a matter of minutes but it takes me a little longer to get to sleep. I check the clock and see it's half twelve. I turn over and suddenly feel so tired my body is overcome and I am asleep almost instantly.

----------------------

'Good morning!' Zoë choruses as I wander into the bathroom where she is doing her makeup in the mirror. I smile. 'Morning.' I yawn, stretching out.
'How'd you sleep?' She asks me, finding her eyeliner in her bag. I shrug.
'Okay, I guess. How about you?'
'Yeah good, thanks. We're all heading off in half an hour.'
'Oh, don't leave! I won't see you for ages!' I moan, pouting. Zo smiles sadly.
'I know.' She seems to perk up a bit as she speaks, 'But I can visit you. And you'll probably visit England. And it's your dream job, after all.' This makes me smile, Zo is always so encouraging. She really is amazing. She's so positive, even when her anxiety is playing up.

'Don't leave.' I mumble into Zoë's shoulder, a tear escaping my eye. When I pull back, I notice she is crying, too. 'You're making me worse!' I laugh, tears spilling rapidly from my eyes. 'Are you seriously crying right now?' Jack smirks. I nod.
'It's emotional! I'm not going to see her for ages.' I explain, still crying. I turn back to Zoë. 'Goodbye. Speak to you soon.' I give her one last hug. She squeezes me. 'Alright. I'll text you.' She smiles. I say my goodbyes to Alfie and they head from the apartment. I hug my brothers and take forever to say goodbye to them, too. Soon everyone is gone and it's just me and Joe as normal.

'Joe?' I shout through to the kitchen.
'Mh-hm?' He replies, wandering through to the living room where I am sat on the sofa, checking Instagram. 'I've been thinking and even though it's not for ages, we need names.' I explain. Joe smiles and sits next to me, resting his hand at the small of my back. 'So, we choose three names for a girl and three for a boy each. Do you want to go first?' I ask him.
'Okay.' He nods, 'For a girl? Erm, I quite like Elsie, Mae and Josie. What about you?'
'For a girl I love Ava, Hadley and Faith. For a boy, Sam, Dexter and Lewis.'
'I like Jayden, Sean and Benji.' Joe has a wide grin spread across his face.

We talk about the names for a little while longer before we decide to go out. 'Shall we go to the metro? It's Boxing Day sales today and it's only half ten!' I jump up and pull my shoes on quickly. Joe shrugs, not really bothered. 'More shopping?' He jokes. I just give him a "really" look as a reply. I shrug and find my keys as he pulls on his shoes. The traffic driving down is mental and takes over an hour to get through, even though it normally takes five minutes. To make matters worse, there was a crash at the turn-off. Joe sighs and rests his head against the steering wheel as I climb out of the car. 'That took forever.' He moans, getting out.
'Well at least we got here.'

When we get inside it's unbelievably busy. I grab Joe's hand to avoid losing him in the mob of people. We meet plenty of fans along the way, so we are crowded by screaming teenagers wherever we go. It's weird, our shopping trip has turned into a meet up. Whenever the mob dies down, me and Joe are in and out of shops as quickly as possible to avoid being crushed. By the time we are done shopping, the day is almost up it seems. We head home and get some pizza, sitting down to watch a random film.

I put my head on Joe's lap as I stare at the screen, taking in the film. Joe strokes my hair gently and I feel myself getting tired. I yawn and stretch, curling up on Joe's lap. He chuckles softly. 'What?' I mumble, opening an eye to look at him.
'Nothing, you just remind me of a little puppy asleep like that.' He giggles. I smile to myself. 'Hey, Joe?'
'Yeah?'
'Just out of interest, you are sure everyone is okay with the baby thing?'
'Yes, Estelle. For the last time everyone is fine.' Joe reassures me. I'm not sure if I believe him, but I have nothing to go by but his word. 'You just seemed really frowny after you called your dad.' I yawn, closing the eye which is open. I drift off to sleep thinking on whether or not to ring Zo and ask if everything is definitely okay.