Chapter 17

I make everyone except me a load of popcorn and grab four bags of sweets as well as a diet coke for each of us. I always get really paranoid by scary movies so I hide behind the pillow. I always hide behind a pillow and waste an hour and a half of my life screaming and jumping at every little moment. I head back into the living room and hand everyone their snacks before plonking myself down on the sofa next to Joe.

I notice my brothers looking and immediately make eye contact with them. I know what they're thinking. I always sit with them when we watch films. I break eye contact with them and divert my attention to the screen as the film is starting. I grab a cushion and squeeze it tight towards my chest as Joe puts an arm around me. I put my head on his chest and rest my chin on the cushion.

It's only an hour or so into the film and I've screamed at least seventeen times, hidden behind the pillow twenty four times and honestly I am so scared I'm going to shit myself in a few minutes. Joe has laughed at me too much to handle and it's getting annoying. There hasn't even really been anything scary happen yet to be honest. I pull out my vlogging camera and film behind the pillow. 'We're watching Paranormal Activity right now and I'm sooo scared.' Joe pulls the pillow away from my face.

'She's a proper wuss.' Joe chuckles.

'Shut up, I am not!' I whine, chucking the pillow away across the room and look at the screen just as there is huge jump scare. 'Oh shit!' I scream, covering my face with my hands. Joe is practically breathless from laughing so I run across the room, grabbing the cushion and throwing it at his face. 'Fuck you, Joseph Sugg!'

I'm the worst person in the world to watch horror films with. It was when I watched a scary film in my conservatory with Tan and it was pitch black. I literally cried I was so scared and slept with the light on for a whole week. I was petrified to watch one ever again and vowed I wouldn't. I can't seem to keep promises to myself, and it's not like I can go back now.

By the end I've jumped out my seat and hid behind the sofa. Everyone in the room is in creases at me. As soon as the credits roll, I'm darting out the room and up the stairs to mine and Joe's room. I lock the door behind me and fall onto my bed and just lie there for a bit. After ten minutes, I decide to get ready for bed. I head to the bathroom and brush my teeth before I wash my face thoroughly and finish off with the rest of my skincare routine. I hear the door handle turning and then banging on the locked door. 'Stel?' It's Joe, of course. I don't reply. I'm pretty annoyed that he just laughed at me, he knows I've had a rough twenty four hours. I shouldn't have watched that bloody film. There's more banging followed by his voice once again, 'Open up.'

'Why?' I ask him, my tone agitated.

'Because I need to get ready and go to bed. I'm tired.' Joe moans.

I sigh and unlock the door slowly, then open the door to see Joe standing with his hands in his jean pockets, his expression sheepish. He looks up at me and smiles weakly. I move to one side and let him into the room. He grabs some pyjamas and heads for the bathroom, saying nothing as he closes the door behind himself. I lie on my fluffy pillow and take my book from the bedside shelf. I'm reading Solitaire by Alice Oseman. I haven't read any yet, but I've heard it's amazing, so I decided to bring it along as my holiday read.

After I've read about fifteen pages Joe comes out the bathroom wearing a pair of grey track suit bottoms and nothing else. He looks so damn perfect. And then there's me. I'm in a turquoise green-blue oversized t-shirt and plain white shorts, looking like a complete mess, with my hair up in a messy bun on the top of my head. He flops onto his bed and groans loudly into his pillow. I giggle at his "can't be bothered" noises and switch the light off. I crawl under the covers and shut my eyes, my body urging me to sleep and relieve it of tiredness. I start falling asleep almost instantly. It completely slipped my mind that I haven't slept for twenty four hours. I fall asleep looking at the face of Joe, and the face of Joe looking into mine.