Chapter 46: Video Comments & Packing

'Joe, have you seen my white dress?' I shout as I scour the bed for my favourite dress. I continue to pack as he replies, 'No, babe. Check your wardrobe.' I sigh and decide to finish packing all my shorts first. Once they are packed and ready to go, I rummage around in my wardrobe to find the dress. I find it still on its hanger. I carefully remove the flowy strapless number from the hanger and fold it, placing it on top of my other dresses in the suitcase.

I have to get Joe to sit on my suitcase whilst I zip it up because it's so full. We aren't going for another few days but I like to be organised, especially with packing for holidays. 'Are you bringing the whole apartment?' He asks as I drag the heavy suitcase and place it next to the wall. 'No, just most of it.' I pant. 'Have you packed yet?' I ask Joe. He shakes his head.

'Going to tomorrow, probably.' After I've finished packing my suitcase, I find my laptop. The dare video with Joe went up last night just before we went to bed. I scroll through the comments and sigh, shaking my head. 'What's up?' Joe asks, frowning. I point at the screen as he takes a seat next to me.

All the comments are like, "OMG JESTELLE ARE ENGAGED!!" or, "What's on Estelle's arms?" or, "ESTELLE HAS A RING ON! JESTELLE ARE ENGAGED TOO MANY FEELS I CAN'T ASDFGHJKL!!!!". Seeing as they are all along the lines of this and I can't take any more, I bury my face in the crook of Joe's neck as he scrolls through the comments. 'They're the same on my video.' He sighs. I sit up and find my camera. 'We need to settle this.

'Hey, Little Secrets, today I am joined with Joe again because we need to talk to you.'

'Yeah, there's a few things we need to make clear.'

'The first one is -'

'We are not engaged!' Joe finishes my sentence.

'That's right, we are not engaged. This is a promise ring Joe bought me and I mean, I hardly ever take it off to be honest. But being engaged now would be moving way too fast wouldn't it, Joe?'

'Yeah.' Joe nods, 'So to clear that up, we are not engaged.'

'Next thing is when we were reading the comments everyone wanted to know why my arms are covered in these things.' I say, holding up my arms. Joe takes my hand and drops it to his side. 'Well, I got diagnosed with depression and unfortunately it has lead to self harm and a lot of angry and upsetting moments, but we are getting through.'

'Yeah. You're taking medicine and that's making a huge difference.' Joe looks at me and I nod. Should it feel this awkward to tell everyone?

'The last thing is pretty positive. Me and Joe are going to Australia on holiday as you may or may not know and that's because I have been given an amazing job in a research centre which is my dream place to work and I'm just so excited!' I squeal, jumping up and down in my seat. 'I am going to miss seeing you on a daily basis, though.' Joe sighs, looking towards me.

'Oh, baby. I'll miss you too.' I sigh. Joe plants a long kiss on my lips, making my heart flutter. 'Joe isn't coming with me, he's going back to London with Caspar as he's been staying with me for a few months to keep an eye on me. But he's still going to visit.' Joe looks sad as I glance away from the camera. I feel really awful now. I don't really want to leave him either. 'Yup. I'll visit as much as possible.'

'And I'll be home for Christmas.'

'Well, yeah. You don't start until May.' I roll my eyes at Joe.

'No, silly. The Christmas after.

'So yeah, I hope you guys are now aware of everything going on and I have to be honest I feel kind of bad because everyone seemed so excited about us being "engaged".' I use finger speech marks at the word "engaged". Joe smirks.

'What are you implying?' He wiggles his eyebrows at me and I just give him a "really" look. 'Keep your secrets safe until next time guys. Bye!'

'Bye!' I finish the video and press the stop button, falling onto the sofa.

'That was harder than I thought.' I say, propping my head up in my hands. I find the TV remote and stick MTV on. Amnesia is the first song played, and me and Joe sing along for a while. 'Oh, I love this song.' I say as I sit up and Joe pulls me into him. We sit together until the end of the song before I say, 'Right, you need to pack.' I push a protesting Joe into the bedroom and shut the door, sitting on the edge of the bed and watching him pack his suitcase. It's practically empty compared to mine. He puts it in the corner of the room and sighs. 'Happy now?' He asks. I nod and smile, feeling excited for our holiday.