Chapter 43: Food Fight & Making Cakes

'Okay, so for those of you did not see it, a few months ago Joe pranked me and I never actually got revenge, so now I'm going to. Basically, Joe fell asleep on the sofa and I'm going to take a few of these ingredients I'm baking a cake with and it's going to get a little messy. This is going to be a nightmare to clean up.' I giggle and sigh at the same time. I then get a few eggs, the flour and the butter and head into the living room.

I set up my camera and cover Joe's face in the butter. I sprinkle flour in his hair and on top of the butter, crack the egg so it drips through his hair and runs onto his face. I try to stifle my laughter but fail miserably. I wasn't even supposed to be done yet. Joe wakes with a start at my sudden laughter, a look of shock on his face when he realises what I've done. 'What the actual fuck?!' He says slowly and I throw my head back with laughter. 'Have this!' He shouts, throwing handfuls of flour at me and laughing insanely.

I run to the kitchen and grab all the eggs and throw them at him. He somehow catches two and throws them back at me, pelting me in the face. I then grab the ice cubes and miraculously am able to shove them down Joe's shirt and pop a couple into his jeans. He jumps around screaming, trying to remove them whilst covering his hands in butter and shoving them in my face. I throw some more flour in his direction, hoping it hits him and it does. He runs to the kitchen and when he comes back he chucks a few glasses of water at me.

I slip on the floor and fall flat on my face. I roll over to get up but Joe pins me down and tips the whole contents of the flour bag onto my face. I scream but almost choke as the flour goes into my mouth. Joe laughs so hard he falls onto the floor next to me, and I stand up, trying to talk. 'Y'know that stuff makes a paste, right?' He laughs. I sigh and head to the kitchen to wash it from my mouth.

Once I am flour free, I brush my teeth and find my camera. I upload the footage to my laptop and watch the food fight back, and it's pretty damn hilarious. 'Why?' Joe asks, puzzled. 'Well, you pranked me.' I say matter-of-factly.

'Well, I pranked you but it was technically Jack and Finn.' Joe argues. I smile and show him the video, which makes him smile. His eyes are all lit up and it's really cute.

'I'm going to get some ingredients, then. Pizza is ready.' I shout through to Joe as I pull on my shoes. 'Alright.' He shouts back.

'Love you.'

'Love you too.' He replies. I lock the door and make my way down the street. I buy some flour, eggs and butter; the things we no longer have because of the food fight. In twenty minutes, I'm back at the apartment.

I have the two slices of pizza which Joe has put aside for me and I feel full straight away. Once I finish the pizza and clean up the kitchen, I wash my hands and get started on the cake. I find my mixing bowl and electric whisk as well as my wooden spoon. I weigh the ingredients and mix them together before separating the mixture into bowls and adding food colouring, mixing the colours in. I find a large tin and then a smaller tin and separate some mixture into the large, some into the small. I place them in the oven and set the timer for twenty five minutes.

In the meantime, I play some music and dance around the kitchen as I clean up. Once I have, the cakes are finished. I remove them from the tins and put them on a cooling rack to cool down. I then find seven small plastic bowls and take one, making the buttercream icing. I separate it into the different bowls and add different food colourings; red, pink, orange, green, blue, purple. I didn't bother adding any to one of the bowls because buttercream is already yellow. I slice the cakes and fill a piping bag with the red after I stack the cakes on top of each other and begin to pipe using the rosette style of piping. I repeat this for all of the other colours, so I have an ombré rainbow cake.

I take a few pictures of the cake, as I am very satisfied with what I have done. Joe comes into the kitchen and his eyes widen when he sees the cake. 'Woah! How did you do that?' He asks. I shrug, for I've always been pretty good with baking. 'That's amazing!'

'Want some?' I ask, finding a knife to cut it with. Joe nods as I push the knife into the cake and then hand him a slice. I cut a small sliver for myself and take a fork from the drawer. It's pretty nice. I love to bake stuff like this and it's gone really well.

After this, I get ready for bed, even though I'm not tired. I take my laptop from its desk and begin to type my essay on "The DNA and evolutionarily adaptations of the loggerhead turtle". I have to write a five thousand word essay with this title. I sit up straight and begin to type up one of the many paragraphs for the essay. I frown as I try to remember a few of the adaptations I took notes of. I open all my notepads to the pages on the DNA sequences and adaptations of the species and the smile reappears as I begin to type.

'Right, I'm going to bed. You coming?' Joe yawns and rests his head on my shoulder.

'Okay.' I say, typing a few more sentences in rapid action. The essay is not due in for another week or so and I will need to proof read it. I scroll to the top and save it. 'How much have you wrote?' Joe asks. I think.

'Erm, probably two thousand words approximately. I need to do five thousand words in total, though.' I say. Joe nods and yawns again. 'C'mon. Just, like, twenty five yards and then you can go to sleep.' I say softly. He gets up and follows me to the bedroom.

I wrap myself under the quilt and Joe flops down next to me. 'Oh, did you take your tablet things?' Actually, I haven't. I get up and find the medication, swallowing it straight away once I fill my mouth with water. I then climb back into bed and wrap my arms around Joe. He turns over and plants a kiss on my forehead. 'Night.' He whispers, half asleep.
'Goodnight.' I reply before tossing and turning, eventually falling asleep.