~Chapter 1~

Miss Lovato stepped into her car, looking back at her house for the last time. But she knew this was the right thing. She had to do this. There was no way to go back now.

Taking a long, deep breath, she started up the car and started driving away from the place that had been her home for the last twenty one years.

Every time a tear escaped her eyes to roll down her cheeks, she hated herself and chuckled.

"You're so lame, I swear" She mumbled to herself, holding the wheel tight, trying to let her anger fade away. But it was clearly impossible so she just tried to focus on the road and forget about everything.

After what it felt like ages but were actually four hours, she arrived at her destination.

She parked her car outside the huge building in front of her and waited there until someone came up to her.

This someone happened to be a man in his early sixties or late fifties.

Miss Lovato immediately left her car and went to greet him with a polite smile painted on her bright red lips.

"Miss Lovato?" The man asked, extending his hand towards her. She took his hand and gently shook it, greeting him.

"Yes. You must be Mister Valderrama"

He nodded his head.

"Yes. That's me." Said the man and then looked at the car. "I'm guessing your baggage is in there"

"Yes"

"Let's grab it and bring it to your new room"

She nodded her head as they started doing that.

While they walked, he started talking to her.

"Right now, I'm still the principal of this orphanage but, very soon, my son will be" Mister Valderrama told her.

"Oh, that's cool... Um, I mean... That's good" Miss Lovato quickly corrected herself after realizing that she wasn't talking to a friend.

Mister Valderrama let out a light giggle.

"It's okay, Miss Lovato" He said, causing a smile on her face. "Please call me Demi"

"Only if you call me Balvino" He answered. "Deal" She giggled.

He stopped walking in front of a door.

"Here's your room" He told her, putting the suitcase on the ground to start looking for something in the pockets of the dark jacket he was wearing.

Eventually, Balvino Valderrama handed her a key.

"Here you are"

"Thank you"

"I hope you like the room. Not much later, one of my daughters will come to let you know more about this place, is that okay?"

"Okay, Balvino" Demi gave him a smile which he gave her back before turning around and leaving her alone.

She sighed before opening the door and entering it with her two suitcases.

There was plenty of place. A king size bed was in the middle of the room with one bedside table on each side of it. A huge window caused the sun light to enter the room, making it look even nicer. The furniture looked pretty new.

Demi opened a door and entered her bathroom where she found the essential stuff and a load of towels.

She exited the bathroom and lay down on the bed, realizing it was really cozy, she closed her eyes and let out a long sigh.

Before she could do anything to stop it, she fell asleep.