603

The Current You is Enough

Ban Zou, who was also helping Feng Yu Heng take care of the injured, did not like hearing this. His eyes became fierce and immediately replied: “This great one will knock down your Qian Zhou’s capital. Do you believe it or not?”

The people of Bin City were even braver than those of the North. The people acted naturally, and not even a battle that had tens of thousands of fatalities fazed them. Feng Yu Heng had noticed it long ago. When the army began setting up camp, the citizens had begun poking their heads out of their homes out of curiosity to take a look at the situation.

Da Shun’s army had already received Xuan Tian Ming’s order to attack Qian Zhou and view the enemy army along with the Feng family as an enemy; however, they could not harm the innocent citizens. That was why the soldiers kindly greeted the citizens, instead of harming them.

Compared to this, the citizens of Qian Zhou were far more unreasonable and imposing. Occasionally, they would bring the corpses of mountain beasts along and would shout at the soldiers from Da Shun to get out of the way.

At this time, everyone had gathered around the city lord’s manor to watch the events unfold. They lost it, as a brave man loudly shouted: “What are you kicking up a fuss for? Just winning in Bin City is enough to get you feeling arrogant? Have you never fought a winning battle before?”

The person that had spoken first about Da Shun advancing another two cities at most also fiercely said: “You ignorant little thing! You’ve only entered Bin City, and you’ve already had a bunch freeze, yet you still want to enter the capital city? I’ve said it, yet you’re unhappy. If you have the ability, just go now! What are you getting all uppity in the southernmost Bin City for!”

Ban Zou wanted to take action, but was stopped by Feng Yu Heng, who shot him a glare. Dragging him behind her, she took a few steps forward and said to those people while looking up: “Thank you, elder brothers for the reminder. In regards to Qian Zhou’s frigid temperatures; however, it was us that did not plan things carefully enough. That is what resulted in some soldiers dying from the cold. My subordinate was not considerate when speaking and ended up offending you. I hope that you will not take it to heart. I will give you some recompense.”

When a small girl like her spoke like this, those brave men felt a little embarrassed. A girl that spoke so politely and in such a refined manner could not be found in Bin City. The girls here were all like brave men. They were capable of carrying all sorts of things. If they heard anything that was not to their liking, they would immediately begin fighting with their husband on the street. That would be a fight, not an argument. The women here all believed that if they could fight, it would be better than arguing. How could they be compared to the pretty girls of humble birth from the central region.

The men were seeing a girl like this for the first time, and she was far prettier than the girls of Qian Zhou. She also knew medicine, and they had heard that she was an imperial daughter from Da Shun. For a girl with such status and appearance to speak like this to the men, no matter how unreasonable they were, they felt too embarrassed to continue acting rude.

The first person to speak scratched his head and said: “It’s fine. It’s a mere trifle.”

“Right!” Another person also said, “You won’t know without fighting, right! You’ve already fought your way into Bin City. Haven’t we also gotten to know each other in this way.”

Feng Yu Heng had heard long ago about the personalities of the people from the North. They spoke straight from the heart. It seemed now that it really was the case. She smiled and nodded, giving thanks once more. Only then did she ask: “I wonder just how cold is Qian Zhou’s capital?”