681

Benefits Of Knowing an Influential Person

Feng Zhao Lian had already stayed in the imperial daughter’s manor for a night, and he had annoyed her for a night. When she went to sleep at night, he would just sit outside her door. While rambling and ranting without end, he would endlessly bang on her door. Nobody could do anything about him.

Feng Yu Heng did not think much of it. Either way, if she could not fall asleep inside her room, she could go into her space to sleep. After coming out at dawn the next morning, she found that Feng Zhao Lian was just as spirited. She could not help but feel a bit of admiration.

It had to be said that the reason Feng Zhao Lian was pestering Feng Yu Heng was that he wanted to make a request for a certain matter: “Bring me into the palace for the Mid-Autumn Festival’s banquet.”

At this time, Feng Yu Heng had just finished eating breakfast and was drinking tea. Feng Zhao Lian sat at her side with a pitiful look. All that was missing was a deep bow.

Feng Yu Heng was feeling truly helpless. She had no choice but to patiently explain to him: “Although Qian Zhou has already vanished, you are still Qian Zhou’s imperial family’s last… Hey, what should you be considered?”*

“Last unrecognized talent.” Feng Zhao Lian came up with an idea for her, “An unrecognized talent.”

Huang Quan, who was working to the side, truly could not bear to continue listening. She had to speak up and remind him: “As someone who has not spent much time studying, even I know that this term is used to describe women. His Highness Prince Lian really does view himself as a woman!”

Feng Zhao Lian corrected her: “Look, it was just said that Qian Zhou has already disappeared. Why are you still calling me Prince Lian? Remember, in this world, there is no longer any such Prince Lian. You can call me… Miss Lian.”

Huang Quan was speechless and rolled her eyes. Standing behind Feng Yu Heng, she truly did not want to pay any attention to this person.

Feng Yu Heng continued: “Last anything is fine. My meaning is that you are someone that was left behind by Qian Zhou. Openly going to Da Shun’s banquet, are you not afraid that you will have your identity exposed by someone and be dragged off to be given a beating?”

Huang Quan could not hold back and interjected: “They’ll focus on hitting the face! They’ll beat you until you’re disfigured!”

Prince Lian trembled with fear and subconsciously covered his face, muttering: “Da Shun is a civilized country. How could this sort of thing be done. Don’t you guys have a saying about not hitting someone in the face when giving them a beating?”

Feng Yu Heng snorted slightly: “That’s no match for someone being shameless.”

Feng Zhao Lian was smiling and did not get mad in the slightest. Lifting his butt, he shifted his chair toward Feng Yu Heng’s side. The two were sufficiently close enough for him to place his hands on her arm and continue to beg: “Good Ya Ya, just promise me!”

“My name is A-Heng.”

“Alright, A-Heng is A-Heng. Then A-Heng, just bring me into the palace. I guarantee that I will not cause any trouble, alright? How about I go and see the Emperor beforehand? Go and greet him?”

Feng Yu Heng was helpless: “Do you think that the Emperor is someone that can be seen so easily? It’s already sensitive enough for you to to be staying in the capital with your identity. If it was not for his Highness the ninth prince and I suppressing things, do you think that you could enter Da Shun’s borders? Obediently live out your days. Why do you keep trying to squirm into places with many people?”