697

Group Extortion

Mu Jiang already knew that he could no longer avoid this trial. When he saw the imperial guard bring the bloody pearl over to his side, he had already prepared himself for the seventh prince coming to settle this debt with him; however, he never thought that the seventh prince would actually come when the fourth prince was in the middle of berating him. What was he doing? Was the group of princes teaming up? Would he be able to scrape through this sort of firepower on his own?

Mu Jiang understood the situation very well and chose the term “scrape through” instead of “deal with.” What a joke, looking at things as a whole, who had the ability to deal with a prince? Which one of these princes was not exceedingly domineering. Today, he had been placed in this bad spot by that damn girl. He thought to himself that after he got back, he would definitely lock that girl in her courtyard and never let her out.

“Your Highness.” Mu Jiang saluted once more, as sweat appeared on his brow. Da Shun’s seventh prince was most like a deity; however, he was also an existence that nobody dared to ignore. If there was anyone that truly believed that the seventh prince’s personality was the same on the inside as the way he looked on the outside, that would be the greatest mistake. In truth, if this prince was offended the retribution would be far worse than the ninth prince.

“Lord Mu.” Xuan Tian Hua had already sat down on the other side of Xuan Tian Ming, sweeping his clothes with a hand. Every move that he made was heavenly and refined. But the words that he said were difficult to accept: “I trust that Lord Mu has seen the pearl that was ruined by your daughter, right?”

With all that was said, it seemed to have skipped over how the pearl had been removed by Feng Yu Heng from the hairpin then tossed out. All that was said was that it had been ruined by his daughter. This sort of ability to speak nonsense was something that Mu Jiang could not compete with. But so what if he was inferior. With things as they were, he could only accept it. “This lowly official has already seen it.” Mu Jiang continued to quietly apologize: “This dispute between girls was the result of this lowly official not teaching my daughter well. It was all this lowly official’s fault.”

“Of course, it’s your fault.” Xuan Tian Ming interjected, “Could it be that your daughter is not at fault, and it was this prince’s wife that was at fault?”

Mu Jiang trembled: “Not at all, Imperial Daughter is not at fault at all.”

“Un.” Xuan Tian Ming nodded, “If you’re able to think like this, that could not be better. This matter will also be much easier to discuss.” He then asked Xuan Tian Hua: “The pearl from the Eastern Sea that Seventh Brother brought back was something that Heng Heng liked greatly.”

Xuan Tian Hua continued: “This prince has been in this world for over 20 years, and it was my first time seeing that sort of pearl. That was something that was found in a thousand-year clam on my way back to the capital from the East. The color was extremely beautiful, and it is very rare. Even in the imperial palace, such a beautiful pearl has never been seen before. That’s why, Lord Mu, think a bit about the price.”

Before Mu Jiang could speak, Xuan Tian Ming spoke up once more: “Lord Mu must think carefully. Allowing you to think of the price is already very magnanimous.”

Mu Jiang nodded his head with difficulty, but the pearl had already been described in that way by Xuan Tian Hua. What should the price be? He thought long and hard; however, all he could muster was: “The pearl… shouldn’t be considered ruined, right? It… it’s just been covered in a bit of blood.”

Smack.

Xuan Tian Ming picked up his wine cup and threw it out, smashing it right next to Mu Jiang’s foot. In an instant, the entire hall turned toward this side. Even the people that had been engaged in conversations stopped talking and held their breath. They were all speculating about Mu Jiang’s end.