634

Yao Shu’s Request

Feng Yu Heng met Yao Shu in the imperial daughter’s manor’s main hall. Yao Shu, however, appeared to have drank a lot of wine, precisely as the maidservant had said. It was to the point that although there was no signs of him being drunk, but she was still able to smell the thick scent of alcohol.

“It’s already getting late. Is there a reason eldest brother has come to find A-Heng?” She faintly asked. Although the people of the Yao family were good, they could not compare to the feelings of grandparent and grandchild that she shared with Yao Xian. In regards to the other people of the Yao family, she only had a day to interact with them. It was not enough to get very close. She would just think about that family’s atmosphere from time to time. This was the reason that she did not want Lu Yao to ruin it.

Before Yao Shu could speak, he burped a few times, causing the smell of alcohol in the hall to become even more noticeable. He felt a little embarrassed and used his hand to cover his mouth; however, he put it back down after a while, saying to Feng Yu heng: “I’ve allowed younger sister to see something ridiculous. I truly drank a little too much wine tonight, but there are some things that I fear I could not say without drinking a bit of wine.”

“Does eldest brother blame me for interfering with the Lu family’s matters?” Feng Yu Heng went straight to the main topic. She knew that Yao Shu coming to look for her at a time like this most likely meant that it was related to the Lu family. Rather than waiting for him stall then fail to mention it, it would be better if she brought it up first.

Sure enough, Feng Yu Heng’s words allowed Yao Shu to begin setting his thoughts in motion. Not long later, it seemed that he was ready to go for broke. Stomping his foot, he nodded, “Younger sister Heng is right. That’s exactly the case, but I do not blame you. Lu Yao bullied the Feng family’s third young miss first. You are the elder sister and supported your younger sister after returning to the capital. This was something that is fine. Also, I heard that for the sake of repairing some accessories that Yao’er broke, younger sister Heng invited craftsman Bai from the palace. Eldest brother… came to thank you.”

“Oh?” She laughed, Yao’er? Was the relationship between Yao Shu and Lu Yao already that intimate? “It’s nothing but a trifle. It isn’t worthy of eldest brother’s thanks.” Her tone was calm, and it did not sound too intimate.

The alcohol rushed to Yao Shu’s head, and he did not notice the coldness in Feng Yu Heng’s words. He just continued: “Aside from giving thanks, I wanted to ask younger sister Heng to forgive Yao’er. She is unreasonable and offended younger sister Heng, but it won’t happen in the future. Eldest brother will promise you. It really won’t. I ask… I ask younger sister Heng not to obstruct this marriage with Yao’er. I… really like her.”

The creases between Feng Yu Heng’s brow became deeper and deeper. She did not reply for a long time and began to reflect. Had her attitude toward Lu Yao’s matter been too forceful? In regards to the Yao family, had she been a bit too presumptuous and usurped the position of the host without consideration for the Yao family’s feelings? Was it the case that as the younger cousin, she should have taken a step back to give way after Lu Yao’s matter and knowing the situation between Lu Yao and her eldest cousin? Xiang Rong had been bullied, and she should have advised Xiang Rong to bear with it a bit. Wasn’t there an old saying, it’s better to tear down a temple than tear down a marriage? Were her actions over the past few days wrong?

Feng Yu Heng looked at Yao Shu. People that had drank too much often spoke the truth. Yao Shu was an obedient person. He said that he liked Lu Yao, which meant that he really liked Lu Yao. Although she did not know where this fondness found its origins, but at this point, Yao Shu had come with this request. She could no longer easily continue to do things according to her own plans.