713

Two Stars

Lu Song was already feeling very worried about being found out. Now that he was being stopped by Feng Yu Heng like this, even more fuel was added to the fire. Suddenly, he stared at Feng Yu Heng. It was as though his mind had reached enlightenment, as he rushed to say: “It’s you! It was all you, right? Everything was orchestrated by you!”

Feng Yu Heng sneered, “Has the left prime minister gone crazy? There were this many sets of eyes watching and ears listening. Under the premise that the Lu family’s second young miss, Lu Yao, knew how to swim, why did she not save herself and insisted on waiting for the Lu family’s eldest young miss to leap in to save them. The exact situation is really worthy of some thought. Also, that venomous bug from the South, why would it appear in the imperial palace? I just hope that the governor will be able to give us an explanation.”

“What explanation!” Lu Song became furious, “It was an accident that they fell into the water. This prime minister lost a daughter, and my other daughter’s face was ruined. This is the outcome!”

“I fear that is not the case!” Feng Yu Heng shrugged, “It’s precisely as I said earlier. The Lu family’s second young miss clearly knew how to swim, so why did she need someone to save her? Also, the reason for them falling into the water needs to be investigated clearly. I am also curious, with so many people near the lotus pond, why was it just the two that fell in? Put simply, this matter still requires the Lord Governor to come and provide us with an explanation.”

“You…” Lu Song was rendered speechless. In front of Feng Yu Heng, he would always be stifled like this, but in the end, even if the Lu family met with such a tragedy, he still had quite the guilty conscience. Thus if he could avoid an open confrontation, he would turn his crosshairs onto the Yao family, “Imperial Daughter, please give way. This prime minister still must go and get an explanation from my son-in-law, Yao Shu.”

Feng Yu Heng, however, shook her head and never moved, “Prime Minister Lu is of standard first rank as the left prime minister. You should have some sort of bearing. If you have any matters, tell them to me. This imperial daughter is enough to represent the Yao family. Prime Minister Lu, what do you think?”

What did he think? It was very bad.

Lu Song angrily gritted his teeth; however, it truly would not be good to tear at Feng Yu Heng’s face in the palace. Turning his head, he saw that the governor, Xu Jing Yuan, had already brought people and were heading in this direction. His heart was filled with anger, as he felt that thorns were growing all around this place. He did not want to remain in this place, thus he moved to the side and avoided Feng Yu Heng. He quickly ran in the direction of the palace’s gates.

Before he could take many steps, he heard Feng Yu Heng’s voice once more: “Prime Minister Lu, are you leaving like this? Of your two daughters, one is dead and one is injured. You’re just going to leave them here without a care?”

Lu Song waved his hand, “Just have the governor look after them!”

Sure enough, he did not care.

A smile of disdain appeared on Lu Ping’s face. She understood her own father too well. This father would always look at returns when doing anything. It was all for his own benefit. Raising this daughter with a hidden illness, was it not because he had valued her exceptional beauty. He was hoping that this face would be able to find a different path for the Lu family. The Lu family would expand its bloodline in many directions for the sake of remaining in power, regardless of which prince ascended the throne. However, who knew that today’s events would result in both her and Lu Yao being wasted. They would become useless people to the Lu family. How could Lu Song feel even the slightest bit of sympathy.