625

Father, Where Did Your Swindling Ability Go?

How could Lu Yao dare to visit the Ping Palace. She could not even handle an imperial daughter that had been conferred her title, much less a proper and genuine prince. She raised her head and looked at Feng Yu Heng with a pleading look: “Can you let me go? This matter was my fault. I admit it. I will be marrying into the Yao family very soon. I… don’t want to lose face for Yao Shu.”

She smartened up at a critical juncture and brought up a useful person. If this had been a person from the Feng family, Feng Yu Heng would not give them any face, but since it was the Yao family, she had no choice but to consider Yao Shu’s appearance.

“Forget it.” She waved her hand, “Just go home. Do not do anything similar again. This will not serve as a precedent.” After a bit of thought, she added: “Later on, this imperial daughter will send the reparation Sichuan brocade to the Lu manor. Since you know that you are about to marry into the Yao manor, it would be best if you thought about how to act as a person. I am someone with a different surname and have no right to control the people of the Yao family; however, I definitely will not allow anyone to harm the Yao family’s situation. Take care of yourself.”

After she finished speaking, she did not continue to look at Lu Yao. Pulling Xiang Rong along, she went into the Feng residence.

With a smile plastered on his face, He Zhong accompanied the two and said to Feng Yu Heng: “It has been a long time since the Feng family has had any face. Second young miss, you’ve finally come back. Only with you here can the family have some confidence in their tone!”

Feng Yu Heng laughed, “What is it, without me here, have your lives really been that awkward? In any case, there is still a future Princess Li here in the residence. How could things have become so gloomy?”

“Hah!” He Zhong quickly said: “Second young miss, you might not know this. Although his Highness Prince Li is also a prince and indeed treats the people of the residence quite well, he had truly been too ridiculous in the previous years. It’s to the point that people believe that he is not too serious about the fourth young miss.” The group entered the main yard while chatting, and He Zhong lowered his voice, “But the fourth young miss continues to say what she means. Second young miss, we’ve arrived. Master said this morning that the second young miss would definitely be coming and is currently waiting in the main hall.”

“Un.” Feng Yu Heng nodded and did not continue to speak, entering the hall.

Who knew that just as she entered the hall and before she could salute to pay respects to Feng Jin Yuan, she suddenly heard Fen Dai let out a yelp from the side, “Feng Xiang Rong, why do you not kneel!”

The two were given a shock. An shi, who was sitting on the other side, frowned and wanted to say something, but given Fen Dai’s recent position of power, she did not say anything. She was nothing more than a concubine. If she chose to go against a young miss of the family at a time like this, it would cause even more trouble for her daughter. Fortunately, with the second young miss coming back, Xiang Rong would not suffer too much of a loss.

Fen Dai’s shout caused Xiang Rong to freeze with fear. Freezing in place, she did not move at all. Feng Yu Heng stopped in her tracks and looked at her, saying in confusion: “Third sister, why aren’t you moving?”

Xiang Rong looked at Fen Dai timidly. She wanted to continue moving but did not dare to. She was very tangled.

Feng Yu Heng simply tugged at her and said: “You are the elder sister. I’ve never heard of any rule saying that an elder sister should be kneeling to a younger sister.”