674

Every Action Has a Cost

This madam was not the usual picky. In fact, she was looking at the jewelry before her with disdain. Those things that seemed like superior goods to Feng Yu Heng were not worth a cent to her. Even the maidservant at her side let out a faint snort and said: “If it wasn’t for us coming such a long distance, we definitely would have brought nice things with us. We thought that the capital would be a treasure trove, and we would be able to get anything that we wanted; however, who knew that this place known as the best in the capital would actually only have such low-quality items.”

Qing Yu laughed angrily, looking at the madam and asking: “If these are low-quality items, then may I ask madam, what would be considered good?”

“Tsk!” The wealthy madam did not speak, but the servant asked: “I must ask you, if the imperial concubines in the palace want to buy things, are you willing to send these into the palace?”

Qing Yu smiled and replied: “Naturally, we could not. The imperial concubines of the palace receive higher quality things.”

“Then there it is!” The servant’s eyes became fierce, “It’s clear that you’re looking down on our madam. Quickly bring the things that you send into the palace. Don’t waste your words.”

Qing Yu let out a cold snort, “You want things that can be sent into the palace? Then may I ask this madam, would you be a consort of the palace?”

“Why do you care so much…” The servant wanted to interject; however, she was stopped by the madam. She then asked Qing Yu: “We said earlier that we came from the South. Naturally, we cannot falsely declare ourselves to be imperial concubines, but I must ask you. If we did not say, how could you know that we are not from the palace? If I was, would you not have offended an imperial concubine?”

Qing Yu looked at the madam as if she was an idiot then said after a long time: “Indeed, you are from the South; otherwise, anyone from near the capital would not say such a thing. Madam, if you really were an imperial concubine from the palace, you would have been easy to take care of.”

“Oh?” The madam was puzzled, “How do you mean?”

Qing Yu told her: “Because the imperial concubines of the palace definitely would not come to Nirvana Pavilion to cause trouble. They, even more, would not come here to try and cause trouble.”

“You’re saying that our madam came to cause you trouble?” The servant began shrieking, “Are you running a business or not? We came here with money to buy things, yet you actually say that we’re causing you trouble?”

Qing Yu spread her hands, “But I already brought out the best things that can be sold, but you were not satisfied. That’s just how doing business goes. This shop doesn’t have the things you want, and you can go to another shop. You cannot cause a disturbance because there’s nothing that you like. You said today that Nirvana Pavilion has low-quality items. I am not arguing with you because you came from a long way. Madam, please go back!” After she finished speaking, she immediately directed the clerk to put away the things on the table.

The servant was extremely indignant; however, she also felt that Qing Yu was hard to deal with. She had to look to her madam and heard the madam say: “How about bringing out the accessories that are only sold to the imperial concubines in the palace? If there is anything I like, there will be no shortage of money for you.”

Qing Yu shook her head, “No.”

“Why not?”

“You’re not qualified.”

The two went back and forth, but it left the madam feeling ashamed. The servant, however, was unhappy once more, fiercely saying: “Do you know what you are saying? Our madam isn’t qualified? Aren’t they just some accessories? How could our madam not be qualified?”