659

Profound Feelings Between Siblings, But How Profound?

Everyone returned to the front yard under the guidance of the Yao family. Even Lu Yao and her three servants went along, not returning to the bridal chamber. Even the corpse was dragged to the middle of the front yard.

With this sort of thing happening, the banquet could no longer be held. The servants quickly went around and collected the bowls and plates. The umbrellas were also removed. The rain passed, and the skies cleared up, but the atmosphere had become even gloomier.

Water pooled on the corpse, and his body was completely soaked, with his hair becoming completely scattered. But the people did not care about such things. After all, there had been heavy rain today, and Lu Cuo was not the only one to have become soaked by the rain. Some people had entered the Yao manor to urgently have servants arrange for a place for them to get changed.

But this detail did not escape Feng Yu Heng’s notice. She stared at the corpse for a while then began to smile to herself.

Xuan Tian Ming asked her: “What are you smiling at?”

She shrugged: “There are some water weeds in his hair, and there is a small pond in the bridal courtyard. They were most likely taken from there.”

“Oh.” Xuan Tian Ming nodded then thought for a bit, continuing: “Then you think that someone killed him and placed the corpse in the pond then someone else came and pulled the corpse out.”

Feng Yu Heng smiled once more, “Who killed him? Either way, it’s just those few. As for who pulled him out…” She raised her head slightly and gently called into the air: “Ban Zou, if you could pull out the corpse, you also saw who did it, right?”

A snort came from thin air before a figure suddenly appeared in front of the two.

A hidden guard needed to have this sort of ability. Not only did they need to be good at hiding, even in a crowded area, but they also needed to be able to quickly appear without anyone noticing. Even if someone noticed, the feeling given off would simply be one of a normal guard standing there.

Xuan Tian Ming asked Ban Zou: “Do tell, what is the situation?”

Ban Zou immediately replied: “He was not killed by Lu Yao. It was one of her servants, the slightly fatter one. But after young miss left, Lu Yao and that man met once more. It was that man that forcefully dragged Lu Yao over to some rockery next to the pond. As this subordinate saw it, they don’t look like siblings. Instead, they look like lovers. The two were holding each other and were very intimate for a while.”

“Oh?” Feng Yu Heng raised an eyebrow, as a desire to gossip flashed through her eyes, “What is going on here? Quickly speak in detail!”

There was nothing that Ban Zou could do, “How can I speak about it in detail. Either way… either way, it’s like that. But Lu Yao still ended up leaving after that. A maidservant came, and Lu Cuo’s clothes were not put on properly. That maidservant had some martial ability and immediately covered Lu Cuo’s mouth. With her other hand, she held some embroidery needles and stabbed them into Lu Cuo’s throat.” Ban Zou spoke rather indifferently and without any emotion, only listing out the details of the case, “After being stabbed to death, the servant tidied up Lu Cuo’s clothes and tied a rock to him then threw him into the pond. This subordinate found this matter to be too disgusting. If the corpse was not brought out, how much grief would the eldest young master of the Yao family suffer on the first night in the bridal chamber!”

It sounded quite righteous, and Feng Yu Heng nodded, “You did well. If that Lu Yao knew what was good for her and did not cause any trouble, I would not want to cause her bad luck during the wedding. After all, this is related to the Yao family’s face. But with things as they are, it’s as you said. If things are left like this, that really would be unfair to the Yao family. Ban Zou, go over to the governor’s office and tell him about the situation. Also, have him prepare himself mentally.