702

Let’s Race Horses

The shock that her dance had caused the people had not completely dissipated. When Feng Yu Heng stood up, it was inevitable that the people would begin speculating. What was she going to do? Could it be that she felt that there was a pressing need for a solo performance? Heaven forbid!

This time, Feng Yu Heng gave them a great deal of face. She did not request that she be permitted to perform a solo dance; however, it left them feeling that it was even worse than a solo dance, “Your Highness, I suddenly thought that the madams and young misses are only performing in dance, singing and playing music. How about we add another performance? For example… horse racing!”

The people wanted to collapse, and some people immediately fought back: “How could that be allowed!”

The Empress glared over with a sharp gaze, as Imperial Concubine Gu Xian said: “Imperial Daughter Ji An is speaking with Her Highness. You rushing to speak, are you thinking of yourself as the empress?”

These words scared the young miss into kneeling on the spot. She repeatedly kowtowed and begged for forgiveness. Unfortunately, there would be nobody to pay attention to her. The Empress then asked Feng Yu Heng: “What sort of racing method are you speaking of? This sounds fresh.”

Feng Yu Heng smiled and said: “There’s no need to prepare things specially. It would be better for everyone to head to the horse track. Just a normal horse race is fine.”

The Empress nodded, “This One feels that it’s very good.”

Only then did Feng Yu Heng turn around to ask the madams and young misses: “Now, it’s your turn to speak. What does everyone think?”

For a time, nobody spoke or even made a sound. Finally, someone quietly asked: “Why horse racing? Are just performing arts no good?”

Feng Yu Heng shook her head, “Not good. Regardless of whether it’s men or women, everyone should develop in all aspects. Only like this can Da Shun advance.”

Someone else said: “But what’s the point of horse racing? We are all women here. Could it be that we will go onto the battlefield in the future?”

Feng Yu Heng also had an answer waiting: “Then you tell me, what is the point of singing and dancing? You are all young misses from the families of officials. Could it be that you will become a dancer in the future?”

Everyone shook their heads, “Of course not.” What sort of thing was she saying. They were all treasured young misses. How could they go and become dancers?

Feng Yu Heng asked once more: “Since you aren’t going to become dancers, that means that dancing does not have any real use. Why do you still go and learn it? Go and ask your mothers or the older females of your family. After marrying into the family, how often have they danced? How many times have they sung? How many times did they play instruments?”

Everyone was speechless. Those madams were also made red in the face from this. Singing, dancing and playing instruments were things that they thought were natural for a girl to learn. Why was it that when Feng Yu Heng said it like this, they seemed to be completely devoid of purpose? But what argument did they have? It was as she had said. After getting married, how many times had they danced? How many times had they sung? How many times had they played instruments? Could it be that they would tell Feng Yu Heng that these were things that they needed before marriage to obtain the love of a man?

There were people that thought such things, but nobody said it. In the end, the people that wanted to argue decided to hold back. As a result, it led to Feng Yu Heng mocking them even further: “Haven’t you all thought too simply of men? This sort of man would have only been interested in your dancing, singing or instrument playing. What happens when there comes a day that you can’t dance? I’ll tell you that they will find someone new. They will have that new person take your former position, thus you will enter a new cycle of competition that will not be like the past.”