664

Next Year’s Memorable Grand Event

Cede territory or pay reparations?

Lu Song practically thought that he had misheard; however, he heard Xuan Tian Ming say: “What is it? Was this prince not clear?”

Clear, it was very clear. It was such that many people heard it. At this time, they had turned their heads to look over. There were some that took pleasure in his misfortunes and others that began to feel dread. They just began to think, sure enough, his Highness the seventh prince’s anger was not aroused for nothing.

But Xuan Tian Hua feared that he still could not understand, as he carefully explained what he had said: “The reasoning is like this, this matter brought around the governor mainly because it was the Lu family that framed imperial daughter Ji An for the murder of Lu Cuo. As for the governor, he performed the trial in public, and the truth was revealed. With the truth exposed, the person was not killed by imperial daughter Ji An. That’s why this case was lost by the Lu family. Since it was a loss, you naturally must make a certain reparation to imperial daughter Ji An. That’s why this prince is asking your Lu family, will you cede territory or pay reparations?”

Lu Song wiped away some sweat. He knew that he could not escape from this situation, thus he bit the bullet and asked: “May I ask your Highness Prince Chun, how should territory be ceded? How should reparations be paid?”

Xuan Tian Hua spoke very frankly, “Ceding territory would be handing over the deeds of all shops, residences and farmlands owned by the Lu manor. This prince will not take all of them. Only half of them will be taken, but this prince will be choosing which ones. As for reparations, that will naturally be in silver.”

Lu Song was sweating even harder. Half of his deeds? And he would be choosing them? Then wouldn’t all of the good ones be taken! What would the Lu family eat in the future? He immediately made a decision. This was no good. He absolutely could not cede territory, thus he summoned his courage to ask: “Then for paying reparations, how much would be paid?”

Xuan Tian Hua calmly said: “As for reparations, this sort of reparation to imperial daughter Ji An has been done before. Thinking back, Qian Zhou paid, and Zong Sui paid the court with her help. That’s why this prince thinks that the basis of the payment exists.”

Lu Song was startled: “Your Highness!” He really was afraid, “Qian Zhou paid imperial daughter Ji An five million taels of gold! Even if this official added on the lives of our family, it would not be that much gold!”

Xuan Tian Hua nodded, “Naturally, this prince will not trouble you too much. That’s why the reparations for you will only be five million taels of silver.”

Lu Song inhaled sharply. Five million taels of silver, this seventh prince really was cunning. The amount was within what he could endure, but it was also a very painful amount to pay. There were currently only two ways out. The first path, he could offend the seventh prince, which meant offending the ninth prince, imperial daughter Ji An, the eldest prince and the second prince, all princes that he wished to have good relations with. The second path was to happily hand over five million taels of silver. Although it was not the entirety of the Lu family’s fortunes, it truly did touch its foundations. Although the Lu family would not suffer any difficulties from losing five million taels, they would not be able to act as freely as they had in the past.

Lu Song stood in place while frowning. He had already begun to make considerations for when the five million taels of silver were gone. How would the Lu family do its best to regain the five million that it had lost the fastest. But as he pondered, a cold sweat appeared, as something was off! He could not pay in silver.