778

Finally Beginning to Envy Feng Yu Heng

Hearing Ge shi mention the bird nests, Lu Song did not immediately refute it. Instead, he stood in place and furrowed his brows in thought. It was clear that he had also suspected the bird nests in Lu Yan’s poisoning. But those things were sent by the Empress. Even if he had some suspicions, he did not dare rashly reach a conclusion.

He said to Ge shi: “Have some doctors come in. Remember, either pick ones that are honest and know the details or the type that are unfamiliar with the capital. The doctors that the other manors use, not a single one can be brought. Do you understand?”

Ge shi nodded, “Husband, don’t worry. This concubine knows how this should be handled. But in the end, is the problem really related to those bird nests? That was something sent by the Empress, and the Empress has no enmity with us. Why would she want to harm Yan’er?”

Lu Song snorted coldly, “What enmity or lack thereof? When the masters of the palace act, when have they ever been reasonable? The Empress has never paid any mind to such idle matters. If it really was her that did it, it was definitely in collaboration with someone. Perhaps she might be doing it for someone else, and that someone else is who we should be thinking carefully about.”

“She is the Empress. What sort of person could make her move?” Ge shi was even more puzzled but rushed to say: “Could it be that Imperial Daughter Ji An?”

Lu Song shook his head, “It wouldn’t be her. This engagement could be said to have been caused by Imperial Daughter Ji An. She could not slap her own face. Forget it, stop guessing. Go and investigate first. Once a result has been found, we’ll talk then.” Lu Song did not want to continue guessing. The Lu family and the eighth prince suddenly becoming engaged was something that had left him feeling uneasy. It continued to make him feel as if it was not realistic, and as the steps continued until this moment, which day was not spent on tenterhooks? He feared that something would suddenly go wrong. Now that the new year was about to arrive, just as the Emperor was about to sanction the marriage, as long as the marriage was sanctioned, it would be a done deal; however, who knew that at this critical moment, something really did go wrong.

On the 30th, the imperial daughter’s manor was a bit quiet. Although the servants had decorated the manor with lanterns and streamers to give it a festive look, there were only two masters. Feng Yu Heng was also someone that did not like liveliness, and even Feng Zi Rui was no longer as lively as before. For the celebration of this new year, aside from eating dumplings, it was no different from a normal day.

Wang Chuan advised Feng Yu Heng: “The manor prepared some fireworks. How about young miss brings young master to light some fireworks!” After saying this, she said to Zi Rui: “Young master, let’s go set off some fireworks, alright?”

Wang Chuan had already done her best to lift their spirits, but Zi Rui did not seem to have been affected by her spirit in the slightest, as he just shook his head and expressed that he was not interested.

Huang Quan had brought the little white tiger over. Zi Rui did indeed like it, but he was only willing to hold it in his embrace and had no intention of playing with it. In addition to this, the little white tiger was a lazy one. Laying in Zi Rui’s embrace, it just closed its eyes and slept, which made Huang Quan so angry that she hated that she could not slap it.

Feng Yu Heng saw that the two maidservants were trying to make them happy and could not bear to see it, thus she finally spoke up: “There’s no need for you to do this. I feel that the current situation is also quite good. There’s no need to cause a stir to celebrate the new year. Quietly staying up to see in the new year and enjoying a peaceful new year is also quite fortunate.”