639

Imperial Concubine Yun Vents her Temper

When the Emperor's group entered, imperial concubine Yun was seated on the ground of the cold storage. There was a plate of grapes, and... the ground was covered in grape peels. Her already pale face appeared even paler inside this cold storage. They just watched imperial concubine Yun place a peeled grape in her mouth. After spitting out the seeds, she finally looked up at the Emperor.

With the two looking at each other, Feng Yu Heng felt as though there was an electrical current in the air. In an instant, it caused the dimly-lit storage room to become a bit brighter.

Seeing each other for the first time after being separated for over 20 years, the first to recover was imperial concubine Yun. She did her best to conceal the emotions in her eyes and had already begun acting as if nothing had happened, waving her hand and saying: "See, this One is not so easy to burn to death." But those tender and sentimental feelings were all seen by Feng Yu Heng.

She knew that imperial concubine Yun loved the Emperor, but this sort of love was too domineering. It was such that she could not handle sharing the Emperor's love with so many concubines. No matter if it was the heart or the person, neither was fine. Imperial concubine Yun's pride would not allow her to be a mere concubine. Even if that person was the Emperor, it was still no good.

Imperial concubine Yun removed the grape peels that were stuck to her hand. Sitting with her legs crossed on the ground, she looked up at the Emperor and said: "What's the situation? Have your eldest and youngest wives rebelled? This One has not left Winter Moon Palace for over 20 years. How has your prestige as a ruler dropped to such a degree? You're not even able to stop someone from coming to Winter Moon Palace to set a fire?"

Her words were cunning, and her tone was not too nice, but her eyes continued to stare fixedly at the Emperor. They were not filled with hate. Instead, they were unwilling to leave him.

"So old." After a long time, she said this then said in a low tone: "Men really do not age gracefully. So ugly." After saying this, she averted her gaze, forcing herself to look away from the Emperor; however, she could not stop tears from forming at the corners of her eyes.

The Emperor did not hear what imperial concubine Yun had said under her breath. At this moment, he was thinking entirely about this woman that was in front of him. He looked at her extremely greedily, as though every moment that he did not look at her was a waste. No matter what was said, he was unwilling to avert his eyes. He took a few steps forward to try and help imperial concubine Yun up while saying: "Pian Pian, quickly get up. How cold must the ground be."

Imperial concubine Yun, however, extended her arms and stopped him, "Don't come over here! I did not call you in here to save me. This One just wanted to ask you personally: Is it you that still has the final say in the imperial palace?"

The Emperor was startled. Hearing this question, he subconsciously said: "Of course, We have the final say."

"Then why are there still people that dare to come to my Winter Moon Palace to start a fire?" Imperial concubine Yun became furious, "This One hid away from them and did not compete with them. I hid for over 20 years, but is that not enough? They still won't let me go? They insist on sending me to my grave? Xuan Zhan, you might not know this, but if I did not hide away quickly, I would have been burned to death in my bedchamber!"

The more she spoke, the angrier she became. She simply got up from the ground and held the Emperor's sleeve, dragging him out. The guards to the side smirked upon seeing this. This was imperial concubine Yun! In the palace, only imperial concubine Yun and Zhang Yuan would dare to act like this!