630

Imperial Concubine Yun’s Secret Exposed

On the East side of the imperial palace, there was a Cun Shan Palace on a road not far from the central palace. It was where imperial concubine Shu, Yuan shi, resided.

This Yuan shi entered the palace at the age of 16. At the age of 19, she gave birth to the eighth prince, Xuan Tian Mo. Now, the eighth prince was 23 years of age. He was born around the same time as the 24-year-old seventh prince and 22-year-old ninth prince. Although she was no longer favored after imperial concubine Yun entered the imperial palace, all of the imperial concubines that had given birth to princes enjoyed great lives.

On this night, after drinking something to help calm her down, the servant that was taking care of her, Yue Xiu, sweetly said: “Imperial concubine’s preservation is really good and you look like you are in your early 20s. If you stood at his Highness the eight prince’s side, perhaps people might think that you are siblings.”

Imperial concubine Yuan Shu glared at her, “Nonsense, if that was really the case, wouldn’t I become a weird monster.” But her heart was filled with joy. She spent her days using top-quality supplements, so her complexion would naturally be better than the average person; however, she would not appear to be quite that young. “What a pity!” She let out a long sigh, “What’s the point of having an even better complexion? So what if I appear young? Ever since that slut entered the palace, his Majesty never visited another imperial concubine’s palace. Let’s not even mention going to Zhao He Hall. But that Pian Pian’s personality does not allow him to see her. It really is retribution.”

Yue Xiu quickly consoled her out of fright, “Imperial concubine, you must not say such a thing. The walls have ears.”

Imperial concubine Yuan Shu also knew that imperial concubine Yun was a taboo subject in the palace. After muttering this, she shut her mouth. She just thought about the eighth prince that Yue Xiu had just mentioned and could not help but begin to worry: “Really, the imperial family’s children all get married late. It’s almost becoming like a devil’s curse. The eighth prince is 23 years of age this year, and he still hasn’t spoken about marriage yet. He is always away and does not come back. He really does cause this One to feel worried.”

“Imperial concubine, be a little more at ease. His Highness the eighth prince is sharing a burden with the Emperor. For a son to be stationed all over is a good thing. Also, wasn’t it said that he can return to the capital for the new year?”

Upon hearing that her son would be returning, imperial concubine Yuan Shu’s mood finally improved. At this time, a lame eunuch entered. His steps were a bit urgent and nearly tripped when stepping over the door sill.

Yue Xiu furrowed her brow and said: “Rong Zhen, why are you becoming more and more rash?”

The eunuch’s name was Rong Zhen. At this moment, he arrived before imperial concubine Yuan Shu and bowed, urgently saying: “Imperial concubine, this servant heard some important matters.”

Imperial concubine Yuan Shu looked at Rong Zhen for a while then waved to Yue Xiu. Yue Xiu immediately understood what she intended and quickly went to the door to look around. She then closed the doors tight.

When she returned, she heard Rong Zhen saying to imperial concubine Yuan Shu: “This servant just heard some strange news that is related to Winter Moon Palace.

Hearing that it was related to Winter Moon Palace, imperial concubine Yuan Shu and Yue Xiu’s ears perked up. Rong Zhen continued to say: “The first oddity is that the guards that patrol near Winter Moon Palace say that imperial concubine Yun quite enjoys hearing about strange stories. She would frequently have someone from the Board of Astronomy go and tell her some stories. But in the past half a year, the people from the Board of Astronomy have not gone.”