777

This Favor Must Be Remembered

As a prince, even if Xuan Tian Feng did not pay attention to the court’s affairs, his information network was established. All sorts of major events and minor incidents would reach his ears. Of course, this would include the things that had happened during the Winter Hunt.

He gently sighed and temporarily stopped thinking about this residence. He stopped lamenting his inability to do the things that he liked; however, Feng Yu Heng was able to bring his hopes out into reality in such a great way. He looked toward Feng Yu Heng with a deceptive yet grateful expression. Cupping his hands, he bowed deeply: “The matter from the hunting ground a few days ago, Feng thanks younger sister for being magnanimous and preserving my mother’s life. Younger sister repaid evil with good, and Feng is exceedingly grateful. This favor will be clearly remembered in my heart. If younger sister has any requests to make in the future, Feng will definitely do everything possible to repay this favor.”

He took the initiative to bring up the matter with Noble Lady Li, and Feng Yu Heng was not surprised. She had not interacted much with this sixth prince. She had seen him once during a palace banquet two years earlier, and the sixth prince left the capital after that, never returning. It was only today that the two met for a second time; however, it was the first time that they had a conversation. In the past, she may not have formed an impression based on what Wang Chuan and the others had said about the sixth prince, but meeting him today, she could see this person truly revered literature and had a thorough understanding of righteousness. He did not have any secretive thoughts, and he did not struggle for power. He was nothing but a scholar. His gaze looked cultured, his words were modest, and he saw things from a commoner’s perspective. With his earnest hopes and ideals, conversing with this person was an extremely pleasant experience. Even now, when he brought up Noble Lady Li, her mind could not be dragged from the world of the wild mountains into the lofty court.

Feng Yu Heng began smiling and replied: “If sixth brother says it like this, A-Heng will feel conflicted. After all, Noble Lady Li was demoted because of this. For an imperial concubine of the inner palace, it’s an extremely big matter.” Status was the foundation of life in the inner palace. To be demoted all the way to noble lady from imperial concubine, it sounded like just a change in titles, but the difference was actually massive.

Xuan Tian Feng shook his head with a bitter expression, “Rather than letting her stay in the position of imperial concubine, I think the position of noble lady is better. Living in a side hall that is far from the heart of power in the palace will also allow her to calm down. It will be better than spending her days thinking about what she does and doesn’t have.” Raising his head and looking into the distance, he looked toward the mountain range and took a deep breath, continuing: “I know what she intended. She felt that she had also given birth to a prince and should not watch me do worse than any of my brothers. What others have, I should also have. But in truth, she does not know that the things she thinks of as good are not worth a single cent to me. As for what my heart truly desires, it’s something that she would never be able to understand.” Xuan Tian Feng retracted his gaze then looked at Feng Yu Heng once more, saying very sincerely: “The reason that I thank you is because I know that it was your words that preserved her life; otherwise, just the practice of witchcraft and cursing you would have been a death penalty, and that’s not mentioning the stealing of your little white tiger, which led to the little beast injuring Fei Yu. Although my birth mother and I desire different things, she is still my birth mother. This favor is one that must be remembered.”

Xuan Tian Feng was persistent, thus Feng Yu Heng did not continue to push back. She just smiled faintly and replied: “I never intended to take the initiative in suppressing anyone, as I always hope that everyone is able to be harmonious. Noble Lady Li’s knot in her heart just happened to be difficult to resolve at a moment’s notice, and Fei Yu’s matter was not something that she had intended. I heard my two maidservants say that sixth brother was a scholarly prince, and I thought that sixth brother would be able to properly console noble lady after coming back. For this matter to be handled like this is fine. Sixth brother, there’s no need to bring it up again.”