663

Cede Territory or Paying Reparations

Granny Gui saying “a virgin” did not mean much to outsiders, but to Feng Yu Heng and her group, this was like a bolt of lightning. She even saw Lu Song clearly reveal a look of surprise. Although he immediately hid it, he still left a trace exposed.

Seeing the puzzled look on Feng Yu Heng’s face, granny Gui had a look of helplessness. It seemed as though she wanted to say something; however, she was stopped by Feng Yu Heng waving her hand. She just turned her head and said to Yao Shu: “Eldest cousin personally went with you. Eldest cousin should be clear on the ins and outs of the situation. Lu Cuo’s case has already been resolved, and the palace has also given some glory to this wedding. This wedding is still a wedding. I trust that my grandfather, uncles and aunts will not continue to follow up.”

Yao Shu looked at Feng Yu Heng gratefully then brought Lu Yao to face the members of the Yao family before kneeling. Lu Yao kowtowed to the members of the Yao family, saying: “Daughter-in-law has entered the family today; however, I do not want my servants to cause any trouble. As for this celebration ending on bad terms is daughter-in-law’s fault.” Her tone was genuine, and her gaze was completely sincere, “Daughter-in-law knows her own wrongdoings, but from this day forward, I will definitely be a proper wife. I will support and serve grandfather, and I will respect aunty and uncle, while loving the younger siblings. I will treat the Yao family as my own, and I beg the older generation to forgive Yao’er’s mistakes today.” After she finished speaking, she kowtowed once more.

The people of the Yao family were originally good people. Aside from Yao Xian, who was still thinking to himself, Lu Yao’s words caused everyone else to feel soft-hearted. Even Yao Jing Jun could not bring himself to blame her any longer. Yao Shu was kneeling at Lu Yao’s side but did not speak. But his attitude was clear. He was set on enduring trouble with his wife.

Xu shi was the first to lose control, going forward to support Lu Yao. While patting the back of her hand, she said: “Good child, quickly stop crying. Today’s matters cannot be blamed on you. A brother should be present when a girl is getting married. Because your elder brother was out of province and could not get back in time to send you out of your manor, rushing over to provide a gift is also understanding. As for that servant’s matters, good girl, listen to mother. When using servants, choose the more obedient ones. Although having martial ability is good, it’s unavoidable that they will be bolder. It’s also more likely that they will cause trouble for their masters.”

Lu Yao was filled with gratitude, nodding fervently. While nodding, she wiped away tears. But immediately following this, she heard Yao Shu continue and say: “Not only is the servant that knows martial arts no good, how about sending your wet nurse and the other servant back to the Lu family too!”

Lu Yao was startled. Those two servants were still kneeling on the ground. Hearing Yao Shu say this, they wanted to desperately shake their heads to put up a fight for themselves, but Yao Shu fiercely flicked his sleeve with his mind already set: “You two had bad intentions. Once things happened, you don’t admit your fault. Instead, you poured a bucket of dirty water on younger sister Heng’s head. It’s because younger sister Heng has some ability, thus she was not bullied by you. If it was someone else, would they not have been killed unjustly? On the first day that you arrive in the manor, instead of helping your young miss accumulate merit, you do this sort of terrible thing. This sort of person is not suited to staying in our Yao manor!” After he finished speaking, he turned back around to look toward Lu Song, who was still kneeling at Xuan Tian Hua’s feet, and loudly asked: “Prime minister Lu, does my lord agree with this lowly official said?”

What else could Lu Song say at this time? Although his status was that of a standard first rank, in the face of the Yao family, his standard first rank title really did not mean much. There was that influential Yao Xian standing there. Could a prime minister like him raise his head here?