606

Hard to Determine if Male or Female

After the group chatted for a while, the kitchen began bringing dishes up. The people of Qian Zhou had meat as the main staples of their meals. Practically no vegetables could be seen during meals. Even for very large families that viewed it as very important, they could only be eaten once or twice a year.

When Li Sheng had arrived, she had brought in a large number of crates of snow. She said that they were vegetables brought over from Guan Zhou. She even said that they were prepared by Prince Lian in Guan Zhou. But where were there any vegetables. All of the dishes brought up by the servants were meat.

Following this, all of the dishes were brought up, and Li Sheng’s expression became a little ugly. Glaring at the servant that brought up the last dish, she angrily asked: “What do you mean by this? Why do you not prepare the vegetables for father? The manor has noble guests here today. Why is the situation like this?”

Once these words were said, the servants looked troubled and turned to look at city lord Wu. The city lord was also quite helpless. Just as he wanted to say something, he heard a woman’s voice speak filled with sarcasm: “Where would these vegetables come from? Could it be that you pointed at a rock and called it gold, so you now want the Wu family to provide you with gold?”

Li Sheng stood up and stared at the woman that had just walked in, coldly saying: “I called you because you have been with father for many years, but you should know what’s good for you. The bullying that I suffered before I got married can be ignored, but I am now the dignified Princess Lian, yet you still speak to me in this way. Do you have any sense of respect in your heart?”

Li Sheng’s words were rather serious. Who knew if the other person would be frozen in fear by what she had said. Unfortunately, everyone in the city lord’s manor knew what was going on with this young miss, especially this woman. She snorted in contempt at Li Sheng. Placing her hands on her hips, she glared at Li Sheng and said: “Our eldest young miss! Wake up a little! You really think that you’re truly Princess Lian? You don’t even know who Prince Lian is. You just play around on your own every single day, and you take it more and more seriously the more you play. I’ll tell you that what you brought in just now was snow dug up from the outside. Where could there be any vegetables? What sort of grand dreams are you having? If you can’t get your head treated, just find a place to hide. Don’t come out to lose us face and make a scene. The dignity of the city lord’s manor has been completely lost by you!”

City lord Wu forcefully slapped the table: “Enough!” He then glared at the woman: “Where is there any room for you to speak. Scram back to the inner courtyard!”

The woman was fuming with rage. Pointing at Li Sheng, she loudly said: “You only know to curse at me. Why don’t you take care of your daughter? This sort of crazy girl should be tossed into the mountains to live and die on her own. Leaving her in the manor will eventually lead to a disaster!”

“I told you to shut your mouth!” City lord Wu held his chest. It was clear that he had been infuriated, “She is my daughter. As her father, I cannot give up on her because she is ill.”

“A lunatic should be sent to die!” The woman was shouting hysterically. The eyes that glared at Li Sheng were filled with disdain and viciousness.

Li Sheng stopped paying attention to her. She just rushed over to help ease city lord Wu’s breathing. While patting his chest, she said: “With a vile wife in the family, everything will wane. Father, if you desire it, you can cast aside your wife. Daughter can ask his Highness Prince Lian to support father.”

“Sheng’er…”

“Father, don’t worry. Sheng’er will not ignore you.” She once again looked at the woman and coldly said: “I will warn you using my identity as Princess Lian to pay attention to the womanly virtues. Being good is the foundation of being a person. Do not be too excessive, or I will be the first to never forgive you!”