665

Imperial Concubine Yun’s Request

When he left, Xuan Tian Ming also brought Feng Yu Heng with him. Xuan Tian Hua saw this and did not ask. The three got in the imperial carriage that was waiting outside.

The guard that had come with the message also got on the carriage. When everyone was seated properly, he immediately said: “His Majesty came again. This time, it’s different from before. He brought a large amount of clothing, saying that he would be living there for an extended period of time. He would be living there until imperial concubine Yun returns to the imperial palace.”

“Nonsense!” Xuan Tian Ming’s anger surged forth, “If he doesn’t go back, what will they do about court? Will they not be holding court? Will it be sealed?”

The guard said: “His Majesty said to have your Highness the seventh prince and your Highness the ninth prince to take care of the court’s matters. The jade seal has been left in Heavenly Hall. Your Highnesses may use it as you please.”

This time, the two princes were very much of one mind in saying: “Not going!”

They then looked at each other and fell silent. Only when the imperial carriage arrived at the Chun Palace’s entrance did they find the gates closed shut. A pair of guards were standing outside looking very serious.

When the group got out of the carriage and entered the palace, a servant immediately went forward to receive them. The three were brought directly to the courtyard where Xuan Tian Hua lived. Upon entering the courtyard, they found the Emperor and Zhang Yuan sitting in the yard while discussing something. The Emperor spoke with a bright smile, while Zhang Yuan had his head turned, not wanting to look at him.

Xuan Tian Hua was the first to step forward. Without worrying about saluting, he directly asked in a loud voice: “Why has father Emperor come again?”

The Emperor was very unhappy: “What is it? Can this great one not come to your palace? Do not forget that this palace was given to you by this great one. It’s good enough that I don’t ask for money from you. What’s wrong with me coming to live here for a few days? What’s wrong?”

Xuan Tian Hua felt that this old man really was getting more and more unreasonable, but he could not fight him head-on. He could only try his best to advise him: “Imperial concubine mother is living here and has already troubled son a great deal. This Chun Palace ended up adding ten more layers of guards. If you say that you’re also coming, son might as well not even sleep and personally stand guard for you two.”

“Then just stand guard.” The Emperor talked big, “Thinking of when you were young, your imperial concubine mother took care of you night after night without sleeping. If you began coughing or began sweating, she would feel even worse than you. What is it, now that you’ve grown up, it can’t be that you’ll protect her?”

“Those are different matters.” Xuan Tian Hua continued to advise him: “You are the Emperor and attend to numerous affairs each day. How could you spend all day thinking about the inner palace’s matters? The duty handed down by the family’s ancestors of taking care of Da Shun Country requires you to personally handle it. If you say that you will come to live in the Chun Palace, how can you take care of the matters of the country?”

“If everything is left to this great one to do personally, what did We raise you two for?” The Emperor glared at them while saying: “I finally managed to develop you two into people, yet you don’t even know how to handle a report? We are giving you two an opportunity. Supervise the country, do you understand supervising the country? Only by having you two learn how to take care of the world can We feel at ease when We are no longer here.”