704

You Are Not Imperial Daughter Ji An?

Feng Yu Heng realized the possibility that there was a problem with the clothes, but the clothes were given to her by Xu shi. She did not have any suspicions about Xu shi, so where did this problem come from?

Feng Yu Heng furrowed her brow and thought for a while. She did not even pay attention when Xuan Tian Ge and Xiang Rong were speaking, as she said: “I’m going to speak with eldest aunty for a bit. You two go ahead.” After saying this, she turned around and went toward the back.

Xiang Rong looked back in confusion; however, Xuan Tian Ge pulled her back: “Let’s continue on our way. Your second sister has her own ideas. If we follow her, we’ll cause her trouble.”

When Feng Yu Heng reached Xu shi’s side, Xu shi was pulling Lu Yao along and saying: “Heavenly Hall cannot be compared to the imperial garden. In the end, the places where the madams and young misses gather will have more relaxed rules. Heavenly Hall has noble officials, princes and even the Emperor. Everything that we say and do will need to have some consideration. Just remember that speaking more will lead to mistakes. Regardless of what other people do, we just need to watch our own mouths.”

Lu Yao nodded obediently and said: “Daughter-in-law will heed Mother’s teaching.”

Xu shi said: “It can’t be considered a teaching. It’s just a reminder.”

While the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law were speaking, Qin shi and Miao shi hid to the side. Of course, they did not feel distant from Xu shi, but they just did not like Lu Yao.

Seeing that Feng Yu Heng came over, Xu shi patted Lu Yao’s arm, “Go and speak with your friends. I saw that you have not had a chance to go and see them since coming into the palace. Me holding onto you the entire time is not proper. Go on!”

Lu Yao glanced at Feng Yu Heng then nodded. She then said to Xu shi with a smile: “Many thanks, Mother, for understanding. Daughter-in-law will go and find my friends to chat for a while before coming to take care of Mother.” After she finished speaking, she bowed slightly and began to head toward the back.

Only then did Xu shi warmly receive Feng Yu Heng and ask: “A-Heng, is something the matter? I saw that you were enjoying your walk with Palace Princess Wu Yang. It seems that you suddenly came in this direction.”

Feng Yu Heng comforted her, “It’s nothing major. I thought that I couldn’t just leave aunty in the back here. I ought to come back here and accompany you for a while.”

The two chatted for a while, and Feng Yu Heng deliberately directed the conversation toward the clothes, as she feigned ignorance and said: “Aunty’s stitches are really good. Even Palace Princess Wu Yang praised these clothes for looking good.”

Xu shi laughed upon hearing this and said: “I spent a number of days working on these clothes. I was worried that you wouldn’t like them. But to speak truthfully, the young misses of each family are competing in terms of beauty. I feel that these clothes may be a bit lacking and does not live up to your status.”

Feng Yu Heng said: “Nothing of the sort. Clothes made by relatives are a layer of intimacy. This is unrelated to status. Aunty also knows the situation of the Feng family and of my mother… If it wasn’t for aunty looking after me, perhaps A-Heng would not be able to wear clothes sewn by her own relatives.”

When she mentioned Yao shi, Xu shi also felt helpless. The two sighed for a while before Feng Yu Heng said: “At first, I was worried that Lu Yao would be jealous of these clothes that aunty made, but I saw just now that she was very polite when speaking with aunty. Only that allowed me to feel at ease.”