734

Xiang Rong’s Counterattack

Feng Xiang Rong had moved and hit Fu Ya with a “smack.” The ferocity of it caused the people in the room to shudder. The servants that had come with Fu Ya rushed to grab a hold of Xiang Rong; however, they heard Xiang Rong coldly say: “I am the Feng family’s third young miss, and I was personally appointed as the master of the fourth prince, Xuan Tian Yi. Are you sure that you want to take action?”

The people taking care of Fu Ya were simply maidservants, grannies and strong men that had been bought. None of them were able to stand up to her. How could they bear the fear that came from Xiang Rong’s words? Fu Ya watched as her people retreated with looks of horror on their faces. Fury filled her heart; however, she also saw the difference between her and those that were really of noble families. They were able to have a reliable pillar of support, regardless of their own abilities, as the names alone were quite frightening. But what about herself? The servants at her side were bought. They were unskilled workers bought from slave merchants, and their loyalty depended on money. They also had not seen much and could be scared with just a few words. As for herself, she relied entirely on Yao shi while referring to herself as Young Miss Feng. In truth, she was just pretending. In the face of the real Feng family’s young miss, what could she be considered?

Xiang Rong looked at Fu Ya with an ice-cold gaze that was without a trace of emotion; however, Fu Ya wanted to regain some footing, thus she bit the bullet and said: “Third Sister.”

Who knew that Xiang Rong would immediately reply: “Don’t call me third sister. There isn’t the slightest bit of relation between you and me. Moreover, I still don’t want to die. The Feng family does not want to die. You cursed the Emperor and Imperial Concubine Yun in front of so many people in the capital. Fu Ya, if you don’t want to live, don’t drag the Feng family and the Yao family down with you! No matter how much enmity exists between you and Imperial Daughter Ji An, go and settle it outside for yourselves. Don’t behave so atrociously in my embroidery shop. You insulting the Emperor and Imperial Concubine Yun today is something that I will remember. It would be best if you think about how you want to die. For the act of taking care of Madam Yao, I might be able to help you out a little.”

Fu Ya shuddered. Xiang Rong’s words placed her directly on the executioner’s block, and this was something she was not prepared for in the slightest. In the past, she had asked around, and everyone knew that the Feng family’s third young miss was a daughter of a concubine. Her personality was weak, and even her birth mother was quiet, not even daring to breathe loudly in their own home. Because the residence did not provide for them, they had to rely on this embroidery shop to take care of themselves. She thought that Feng Xiang Rong would be someone that she could easily handle, but it looked now like she was completely different from the information that she had gathered?

Fu Ya thought quickly but had been completely frightened by Xiang Rong. Her face paled, but she very quickly recovered. She then smiled and said to Xiang Rong: “What sort of thing are you saying? Third sister, don’t scare elder sister like that. As for whether or not we are related, it’s fine if you don’t acknowledge it. either way, you are just a daughter of a concubine. Currently, the one making decisions for the Feng family, the fourth young miss, has acknowledged me, and my mother has acknowledged me. Even Father has treated me kindly. Even when the people from the Yao manor come to the courtyard, they treat me politely. That’s why, whether or not Third Sister acknowledges me, elder sister does not mind much. I will just remind Third Sister that elder sister lost her composure and said some things that should not be said. This is the truth, but if Third Sister is going to be so resolute, it won’t be much of a good thing to the Feng family or the Yao family. That’s why, I hope that younger sister will think carefully about it.”