655

Yao Shu’s Wedding

The sixth day of the eighth month was set by the Lu family. As the left prime minister Lu Song said, that day was carefully calculated by someone that they had asked. It was a very auspicious day.

Yao Xian had never been one to pay much attention to such things. Either way, the sixth sounded fine, thus he nodded and agreed.

However, who knew that this day would see heavy rains. The rain started at dawn and continued with no signs of stopping even when Yao Shu went to meet the bride. There was nothing that the Yao family could do and could only prepare a raincoat to have Yao Shu quickly leave. The outside of the sedan was covered in a rain cloth to prevent it from getting wet.

Yao Shu hurried over and finally arrived at the gates of the Lu family’s home. The Lu family had no room for complaints. After all, this was a day that they had chosen, and it was raining on this great day. They had no place to vent their frustrations. It was just a pity that Lu Yao’s beautiful clothes would end up getting a bit wet no matter how careful she was.

In her bright-red wedding dress, Lu Yao’s face was a little green with anger. In her heart, she complained about the person that had chosen this day. What sort of auspicious day was this. This was clearly an unlucky day.

Fortunately, the Yao family’s bridal sedan was very proper. She bent at the waist and entered the sedan, immediately leaving the rain on the outside. The corners of Lu Yao’s lips curled into a smile; however, she felt a little worried and anxious. After thinking back and forth, she could not find the source of this anxiety.

At this time, there were a large number of people gathered around the entrance of the Yao manor. Although it was raining, the people were still in good moods. After all, this was the first celebration since the Yao family had returned to the capital. Also, the one getting married was the daughter of the first wife of the left prime minister’s manor. This was an extremely important matter in the capital.

The people began discussing in small groups, “It must be said that the Yao family really has a deep relationship with prime ministers. Thinking back, the only daughter had married into the left prime minister’s manor. Now, the eldest grandson is marrying one from the left prime minister’s manor.”

“But the two prime ministers cannot be compared. There is absolutely no chance of Feng Jin Yuan making a comeback; however, the Lu family is at its apex and is being relied upon by the Emperor.”

“Hah! That is not so simple to say. Who is able to accurately say what will happen in the future. The left prime minister of our court has never had any good ending. Who knows how long this Lu family can survive for.”

This sort of quiet voice was successfully covered up by the heavy rain. At the entrance of the Yao manor, the adults went out to receive the guests, but the younger generation was looking forward to wearing their special clothes. In regards to their eldest brother getting married, these younger brothers were very intrigued.

Feng Yu Heng naturally also went to receive the guests as the younger cousin. Even Feng Zi Rui stood at her side, loudly announcing the arrival of the bride.

Very quickly, Yao Shu’s procession entered their sight. The band that had been stationed near the Yao manor’s entrance immediately began playing, while the fireworks also began to ignite despite the rain.

Finally, Yao Shu rode the horse and stopped in front of the manor’s entrance. When the wedding sedan was steadied, he leaped off of the horse and personally went to the side of the sedan to wait for the bride to come out.

What kicking of the sedan door or shooting of arrows, there were no arrangements for such things. To the Yao family, getting married meant that they would be a family. There was no need for the wife to start things off with a bang.