758

All Missing

Feng Fen Dai’s obstinant insistence on staying her course left the fifth prince, Xuan Tian Yan, feeling very exasperated. There were quite a few times that he thought of simply giving up on this girl to ensure that he could continue to live a peaceful life; however, he could not forget that beautiful snow dance that Fen Dai had performed.

Forget it, it was determined that he would be ruined by that beautiful snow dance. The way his earlier years had been lived would be how he lived the rest of his life. He simply accepted his fate and accepted this girl’s meddling. At worst, he would be dragged into an endless hell and die with her. That was nothing. Even if Feng Fen Dai did not appear, he had been living a life without any desire to live. There were countless women at his side, and their cries could be heard each night. This caused the Emperor to feel disgusted just by looking at him. In any case, his days now were better than they were before. Just handling this girl’s messing around was nothing worth mentioning.

Xuan Tian Yan smiled and patted Fen Dai’s head, “Alright, we’ll do it as you want. My life is yours.”

Feng Fen Dai was still young. She could see that Xuan Tian Yan was showing her love; however, she could not see the intention behind his love. Hearing that Xuan Tian Yan would do as she desired, she thought that he had finally expressed that he would go and compete for the throne. Unbeknownst to her, however, Xuan Tian Yan had set his mind on playing this game with her until death. Not only would he himself die, Feng Fen Dai would also die with him.

“Right!” Fen Dai suddenly recalled something, “Feng Yu Heng and the Feng family have already severed ties, so she no longer has any reason to reach her hands into the Feng family. The little bastard that was left behind by Han shi, along with the wet nurse, maidservants and grannies at its side, those are all Feng Yu Heng’s people. When we get back, chase them all out for me.”

Xuan Tian Yan nodded with a smile, “Alright, they’ll all be chased out.”

“Without anyone taking care of that little bastard, if Feng Yu Heng does not want to watch him starve to death, she will need to immediately take him away. From this day forward, the residence will be cleaned out.”

The Winter Hunt continued for another three days. In truth, the Emperor had wanted to return to the capital on the day that Xuan Fei Yu was hurt, but the imperial physician and Feng Yu Heng both shook their heads. They both said that Fei Yu’s wound had just been sutured and could not handle the bumpy ride. If the wound opened up from the ride, the stitches would have been for naught. Only then did the Emperor helplessly stay for another three days.

After three days, Xuan Fei Yu’s wound was recovering quite well, and the Emperor finally announced the return to the capital. Everyone immediately began to pack their things, while Feng Yu Heng handed the little white tiger to Huang Quan, telling her: “Hold onto it. You must not allow anything else to happen.”

Huang Quan nodded. They all knew the importance of Feng Yu Heng’s advice. The little white tiger had been stolen and ended up injuring Fei Yu. If it happened once, it was very likely that it would happen a second time. As for that second time, what if the Emperor got hurt. That was an outcome that none wanted to imagine. Huang Quan cautiously held the little white tiger, and even Wang Chuan stayed with her to keep watch to protect against the potential problems. When nearly everything was packed up, an imperial guard’s voice came from outside the tent, saying: “Imperial Daughter, Palace Princess Wu Yang has arrived and wishes to see you.”

Feng Yu Heng personally went over to the entrance and lifted the flap to bring Xuan Tian Ge inside. Xuan Tian Ge entered and immediately said: “A-Heng, when I first arrived at the campsite, I sent someone back to the capital to investigate the matter with the imperial carriage. Unfortunately, the person that was usually responsible for taking care of the carriages has already gone missing. I heard that the person that feeds the horses say that not long after we left, that person left the palace with the excuse of needing to buy something. After that, he never came back.”