638

Emperor, Get in Here for This Grandaunty

Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Yu Heng's arrival gave a group of people hope. At the same time, it filled another group with despair.

The Emperor and Zhang Yuan naturally hoped that they would come. With them arriving, the Emperor had a pillar of support. Zhang Yuan also let out a sigh of relief. But on imperial concubine Yuan Shu's side, they clearly knew that imperial concubine Yun was not in the palace, but for some reason, just seeing Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Yu Heng caused them to feel afraid for no apparent reason. They began to feel that this situation might turn around.

Yue Xiu quietly reminded her from the side: "Imperial concubine, do not be afraid. They don't know magic. How could they bring out a person that isn't in the palace. Even if they immediately brought her into the palace, they could not do it without anyone noticing."

Although she said this, imperial concubine Yuan Shu's heart still sank a bit.

At this moment, Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Yu Heng had already arrived in front of the Emperor, kneeling in unison: "Son (daughter-in-law) greets father Emperor."

The Emperor quickly went forward and helped the two up. With an anxious expression, he said: "Winter Moon Palace caught fire, and your imperial concubine mother can't be found. Ming'er, quickly think of something. The fire was extremely large. Hopefully, nothing has happened to her."

Xuan Tian Ming patted the Emperor's hand and consoled him: "Father Emperor, don't panic. son trusts that nothing happened to imperial concubine mother. Things definitely will not happen as desired for the people that tried to harm her."

"Hiss!" The Emperor inhaled sharply. Earlier, he had just been in a blind panic. It was only at this moment that he noticed the strangeness of this fire.

Xuan Tian Ming's lips curled into a sneer and turned his sharp gaze toward the group further away. His gaze landed straight on imperial concubine Yuan Shu.

"Was it you that just said that this prince's imperial concubine mother is missing?" His tone was ice-cold and without any emotion.

The ninth prince of the Xuan family, aside from being close with his imperial concubine mother and showing a bit of respect to the Empress, he did not have any feelings toward the other imperial concubines. In fact, he was not even willing to be polite and address them as imperial concubine mothers. This was especially true of the ones targetted by Xuan Tian Ming.

This question caused imperial concubine Yuan Shu to not know how to reply. She subconsciously took a couple steps back but heard Xuan Tian Ming continue to ask: "Imperial concubine Yuan Shu? Un, old eighth's birth mother. Why is it that it sounded to this prince like you were insinuating that imperial concubine Yun is not in the palace? Every single word that you said caused father Emperor to think of the bad. Using father Emperor's feelings for imperial concubine Yun, you caused the greatest change in father Emperor's emotions. This prince must ask you, if father Emperor died from the anxiety, could you or your maternal family endure this responsibility? Also, could old eighth shoulder that responsibility? Un, for you to scheme so incessantly in an attempt to try and anger father Emperor, what exactly is your intention?"

With all of these questions bombarding her, imperial concubine Yuan Shu's heart was extremely flustered, and it was on the verge of leaping out of her throat. After Xuan Tian Ming finally finished speaking, she dropped to the ground and kneeled toward the Emperor: "Your Majesty, this concubine did not. This concubine really did not have that meaning!"

The Emperor did not think that much about it at first, but Xuan Tian Ming's words made it clear. After thinking about it, that's right. At first, he had only been worried about imperial concubine Yun's safety, but as a result of imperial concubine Yuan Shu's words, he began to worry about whether or not imperial concubine Yun was in the palace. He even began thinking about what he should do if imperial concubine Yun really did run away?