729

It Will Depend on This Prince’s Mood

“Gu Shu’s seventh princess?” Feng Yu Heng sat in the yard while eating fruit. Sitting across from her were Xuan Tian Ming and Xuan Tian Hua, “I thought about it before. Aside from that seventh princess, who else could bring it to Da Shun. Thinking about it like this, the Lu family and Gu Shu have a pretty tight connection to Gu Shu. Otherwise, how could the seventh princess bring a venomous bug and give it to Lu Yao?” She took a bite out of an apple before shaking her head to refute the idea after some thought, “Not necessarily. If Lu Yao said that she wanted to use that bug to harm me, perhaps the princess of Gu Shu really might give it to her.”

Xuan Tian Ming heard this and helplessly said: “It turned out that everyone in the world is your enemy! But even if the Lu family does not have any direct contact with Gu Shu, their relationship with Old Eighth is definitely close. Thinking about it, their only remaining daughter was the one being kept for Old Eighth.”

“That’s only natural.” Xuan Tian Hua also spoke up: “The Lu family came to have a very important talk with Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu. No matter what, this path cannot be avoided, but just let them continue mucking about. Sooner or later, Old Eighth will end up causing a stir. We just don’t know how much he has set things up. How much energy will we need to face off with him. As for Gu Shu’s seventh princess, Da Shun should not be planning to take care of her directly. She will most likely be sent back to Gu Shu, and the person escorting her…”

“I’ll go.” Xuan Tian Ming coldly said: “I will head South and treat it as scouting ahead.”

“You’re going to the South so soon?” Feng Yu Heng was startled and could no longer eat fruits while leaning back in her chair. She leaned forward and anxiously asked Xuan Tian Ming, “Didn’t you say that you’re only leaving after the new year? Why have you suddenly changed your mind? In such a rush?”

Xuan Tian Ming reached out to pat her head, “It’s not like I won’t be coming back. I’ll just be sending the seventh princess of Gu Shu back. At the very latest, I will be back before the end of the year. During this banquet, you also saw that none of the people from the South are peaceful. Where in their eyes does the court exist, or even the Emperor? With so many coming to the capital, they simply wanted to take a look at the current situation in the capital, but A-Heng’s decision this time was quite good. With the Feng family and Yao family causing such a stir, it should have caused them to become confused. At the very least, after they’ve returned, their reports for Imperial Daughter Ji An will have quite a bit of artistic freedom.

“I’m quite famous in their little group?” Feng Yu Heng rubbed her nose and put in a good word for herself, “Since you aren’t going to fight and are only going to be escorting a criminal, how about you bring me along?”

Xuan Tian Ming shook his head, “With you setting up this scenario in the capital and leaving at the drop of a hat, are you not afraid that those with bad intentions will try to stir the pot? It’s inevitable that there will be a few attempts. If you leave, you may feel at ease while not seeing it, but the result will be far different from if you kept an eye on things. You finally managed to set up this scenario. You absolutely must not allow it to lose its efficacy. Be good. I will do my best to rush back. Trust me.”

What else could Feng Yu Heng say. Resentfully sitting back down, she carried on eating fruit.

As the few had expected, the court announced the next day that Gu Shu’s seventh princess would immediately be escorted back to her own country, with the ninth prince, Xuan Tian Ming, personally sending her back. And because Lu Yao had committed a crime, Lu Song had to forfeit three years of salary to serve as a lesson. In regards to this, Lu Song expressed that he accepted.