17; "yeah, he's cute"

I've been reading this Markhyuck fanfic and I just finished it last night.

All I have to say is that, I have never felt so emotionally attached to characters in a story as much as I was with this book. This book truly has a place in my heart. I was actually thinking about the ending during class and I just wanted to start crying in the middle of the teacher's lesson.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jimin brought his hand up to lips while remembering the way Yoongi's lips pressed against his. It felt so right, but at the same time it felt so wrong.

Yoongi loved someone else, not him.

Or so he thought.

"Hyung," Jimin whined. He leaned his head back against his bedroom door and closed his eyes as he felt tears starting to form in his eyes. "Why did you do it?"

Meanwhile, Yoongi was feeling regretful.

"Shit," Yoongi cursed as he ran his hands through his hair in frustration. "What am I going to do? I made him run away!"

Yoongi began to pace back and forth in frustration, the scene of kissing Jimin replaying in his head.

"It's not my fault his lips looked so plump and beautiful." Yoongi said. "They were just calling my attention." Yoongi tried to convince himself. "Yeah, that's right."

Yoongi face palmed. "Who am I kidding? I kissed him because I wanted to. Now, he's not going to talk to me." Yoongi leaned back against the wall and slowly slid down until he was sitting on the ground. Tears started to form in his eyes.

A tear fell down his cheek before he closed his eyes and leaned his head back against the wall. "Why did I have to kiss him?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook smiled at Taehyung as he saw him walking down the hallway.

Taehyung didn't smile back.

Jungkook frowned as he watched the older walk past him without even a glance. He knew Taehyung wasn't going to smile at him, but he had hope that Taehyung would one day not care what the others thought of him and would just smile at him.

Even if the older didn't see him as a friend anymore, he would be okay with Taehyung seeing as a stranger because all Jungkook wanted was a smile from the older.

He hasn't seen Taehyung smile at him in over a year.

Jungkook wasn't good at math, but he still knew that it had been 386 days, 14 hours, 6 minutes, and 54 seconds since the last time that Taehyung had smiled at him.

He also knew that it had been 402 days, 17 hours, 3 minutes, and 36 seconds since the last time that Taehyung made eye contact with him.

And he also knew that it had been 436 days, 13 hours, 36 minutes, and 12 seconds since the last time that Taehyung spoke to him.

Jungkook missed his best friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung lost track of how many times he had smiled in one day.

And the reason for his smiling?

Jeon Jungkook.

Taehyung on the grass, his legs stretched out in front of him and his arms out on each side side of him.