Part 18

Manik's pov :

I was in a deep sleep when it got disturbed by wailing sounds then I remembered nandini was in guest room . I rushed into her room without knocking . She was tightly clutching her duvet and whimpering in her sleep, her face was all sweaty . I gently shook her trying  to get into reality, she stirred and blinked her eyes several times maybe in confusion. I got her the water bottle from the small table beside the bed, I opened the cap and gave to her, she took gulped half of the bottle , she was also heaving I sat beside her and took her hands in mine " nandini was it a nightmare?" I spoke softly " but it seemed so real manik!" She exclaimed "I fell in to the lake and something was pulling me from inside, I was trying hard to breath but someone was trying to kill me manik! " she told me with tears filling her eyes .

I took her into my lap trying to calm her she was shaking so badly , as if she was made for me she molded perfectly in my arms she circled her arms around my neck hugging me as if she was seeking my protection from her unknown fears . I gently swayed left to right and humming a tune to relax her , she was leaning on my shoulder so her breathing is touching my neck sending pleasurable shivers through my whole body . I should control myself, now,is not the time for expressing my feelings and desires . I should first take care of her . I should first distract from her bad dream , Doctor told me her fever might increase if she keeps on stressing so I started singing my favorite song............

Saawli si raat ho
khamoshi ka saath ho,
bin kahe bin sune, baat ho teri meri
neend jab ho laapata, udasiyan zara hata
khwabon ki razai mein, raat ho teri meri..

there be a slightly dark complexioned night,
and there be closeness of silence,
without saying, without hearing, there be talk between us..
when the night is lost, remove the sadness,
may there be a night of yours n mine in the blanket of dreams..

jhilmil taaron si aankhein teri
khar khar paani ki jheelen bhare
hardam yoon hi tu hansti rahe
har pal hai dil mein khwahishen
khamoshi ki loriyaan, sun to raat so gayi

your eyes, like bright stars,
fill lakes of water..
may you always laugh like that,
always there are wishes in the heart..
listen to the lullabies of silence, the night has slept..

bin kahe bin sune, baat ho teri meri
saawali si raat ho
khamoshi ka saath ho,
bin kahe bin sune, baat ho teri meri..

barfi ke tukde sa, chanda dekho aadha hai
dheere dheere chakhna zara,
hansne rulane ka aadha pauna vaada hai
kankhi se takna zara
ye jo lamhe lamhon ki behti nadi mein, bheeg loon,
ye jo aankhen hain aankhon ki gumsum zuban ko main seekh loon,
haan seekh loon.
ankahee si guftagu,
ansunee si justajoo..
bin kahe bin sune, apni baat ho gayi

like a piece of Barfi (sweet), the moon is half,
taste it slowly..
there is a half-baked promise of laughing n crying..
look at it with a squinted angle..
these moments, let me get drenched in the river of these moments,
these eyes, let me learn the silent language of these eyes..
yeah, let me learn..
unsaid talks,
unheard wishes..
without saying or hearing, we talked what we had to..

saanwli si raat ho
khamoshi ka saath ho,
bin kahe bin sune, baat ho teri meri

I finished and I excitedly looked at my love for her approval but she slept of on my chest like a baby . I gently pecked her forehead . She was looking so adorable and I was staring at her like a creep . After putting her to the bed . I went to my room, when I looked at the time it was already 4 am . Maybe I should just take a leave for today so that I can take proper rest and can also take care of my love . I slept of after thinking about nandini .

I know this is a short chapter but I wanted to write a cute scene between them.

And I added a Hindi (Bollywood ) song to this chapter. So how was it?

Next one will be big one 😀