Part 45

Nandhini's pov :

We were traveling without any stops  except for toilet breaks . And I was getting antsy because of being cooped up for long . I want to stretch my legs . And on top of that we were not even stopping for breakfast or lunch .

And I was damn hungry and angry, when I asked why are we rushing and what's the hurry that we couldn't even stop for eating he simply told he has a meeting . That was a very stupid excuse if You ask me .

But he did pack fruits and I don't know when, but I don't eat fruits on journeys I like chips and chocolates and coke .

Who eats fruits , well except for Mr.malhotra because he had two apples but after realising I  was not eating even he stopped , when I insisted he said no. I don't know whether to get irritated or feel special when he does this kind of things for me .

Thought he slept throughout the journey , he kept waking up quite often ,checking his phone ........... He was tensed and furious . I didn't ask him because frankly speaking he was scary , so I did the best thing ignore him and drown in music .

I wanted to meet dhruv Bhai as we are going to Bangalore , just because he ignored me all these days I can't do the same . I know somewhere he misses me and cares for me .

I was so deep into my thoughts that I didn't realize manik was calling my name .

"Nandhini" manik shook my shoulders .

"Ya?" I turned towards him.

"What are you thinking ?" He asked me

"Nothing , we are going to Bangalore I thought of meeting dhruv Bhai " I said with an absent mind

"WHAT? I AM TRYING TO SAVE YOU HERE AND YOU WANT TO MEET HIM! HIM? " he exploded suddenly , shocking me to the core .

I just sat there being numb . What just happened !

"Shit! Nandhini I am so sorry listen , I dint mean to say that way . I was already tensed about our security a-and , I am jus sorry okay . I will see to it that you'll meet your brother okay ?" He tried to convince me , but I am not at all convinced . Something is wrong and I am not mad that he shouted on me but there is something beyond that , he said those words with such conviction that it scared me .

Why is manik always gets defensive whenever I utter dhruv bhai's name . Just now he said he wants to protect me but from what exactly? From the start he was always protective about me going somewhere alone as if someone is waiting to attack me .

But why is he hiding it from me when it is related to me . But enough is enough I will dig the truth out of him .

"Nandhini" he called me softly , when I looked at him I can see the regret but for ,what is that for shouting or entirely something else ? The thoughts are suffocating me .

"Nandhini please try to understand when the security issues are cleared I will take u to your brother but please till then listen to me and trust me please . Whatever I am doing is for you . " manik words are soothing but at the same time I am getting more doubtful .

"Manik I trust you but please never hide the truth from me , your so important to me ,so even the little things you do will effect me " I told him being emotional . He hugged me tightly silently reassuring me . That hug soothed my confused mind .

"Whatever I do will be at your best interest and I promise you that and nandhini I will never betray you and I will protect you from the betrayers ." he said .

Is someone trying to harm me but why? Why do I feel going to Bangalore is like entering a tangled mess !

When I tried to move out of the hug he tightened his hold more then I realized he's fever didn't go down and on top of .that he didn't take his medicines , nandu how can you be so reckless .