Part 61

Manik's pov:

Life is a boomerang what I threw came back to me . It was hell not being able to talk with my love or enjoy our time together . I tried all the ways I can but no result , I caught my ears said sorry many a times . Following her idea I brought pizza and wrote 'I am sorry ' with sauce but she took a slice wiped the sauce . I was hell busy with my meetings and all
So by the time I come she's already asleep or may be pretending and mornings are totally another story , she's taking a taxi to work instead of letting me drop her . I was eating breakfast and dinner all by myself missing her company , I appointed a cook for week days since the time Nandini started doing the job , before we use to try new recipes on Saturday and Sunday but since last week she's just sitting in her room not even coming into the living area.

Today was Saturday , generally we pick a movie and sit together eating popcorn but nandini locked herself in room after ordering herself food , she divided the food equally and took her portion and then I didn't see her .

And my patience was running on a thin line , not knowing what to do I went to cabirs house , that fellow is alone as of now . His family are still Singapore , he's going there in between and coming back . The good news was uncles operation was a success but the treatment is still going on .

That fellow was sitting down and playing in his iPad and eating butter flavored chips. I went and sat beside him sighting heavily .

"What hell are you doing here " he asked scrunching the chips loudly . What a lovely welcome .

"Nandini is still not talking " I said

"That girl ! She sure showing so much of attitude these few days , even in the office , when I asked her to bring me a file from account department she lied she's having a sprain and can't stress her leg  . When I am asking for a coffee she's giving me without adding  sugar and when I say get me another one , she'll smile sweetly saying 'sir , better you get coffee for yourself ,because you so much of milk is getting wasted and we normal employees can not predict your mood which changes like a season' " he said in a girly voice frowningly , I couldn't help but laugh wholeheartedly .

"Huh! Your laughing just wait till its your turn " he said irritatedly.

"You brought that yourself " I scoffed taking some chips  "but now I think of it , I should have handled more maturely " I confessed sighting loudly.

"Who would've known that our cute little innocent nandu can be adamant too" Cabir said and I agreed .

"My brain is too stuffed to come with ideas " I said "and that Alia is is giving me head ache , calling misha and asking for a meeting and her father came to my office offering truce , like seriously . That's fellows company is lost case , and I already bought twenty percent shares but he came to me begging to me to make him my partner in my new project " I revealed .

He was silent so when I looked at him , he was busy playing ? Like seriously

"Manik please pass me chips " he asked forwarding his hand while his eyes are stuck on the screen . Why did I even come here ? I questioned myself and gave him his damn chips  .

*********

I came back home after strolling for some time in the lawn , missing Nandini I went to her room she was playing with her phone . Great ! Both brother and sister are same .

She was too concentrated to observe my entry in her room so I knocked the door clearing my throat, she looked up frowning at me . I am smiled but she went back playing her game . I went and sat in front of her  taking her phone  and she shrieked loudly "my game ,I was almost winning " and started glaring at me folding her hands as if she's trying to intimidate me , but she's looking cute and I was controlling my smile .