Part 71

Nandhini's pov:

I hardly slept after coming home, side effects of argumentation  with Manik , and hearing him say he'll go to bachelors party is making me go mad , yesterday I called Cabir to confirm and though he sounded confused at the start but later he said 'yes' smugly . Navya already slept by that time so I couldn't tell her about her husband !

Let me tell her first my dear appleface then I will see how will u sound smug , now I thought smugly .

Going into the kitchen , I made oatmeal for uncle and sandwiches for navya and myself  and prepared tea beforehand and put it in the flask , till then uncle came out of his room looking all ready for the day and it's only seven in the morning . He looked surprised seeing me in the kitchen !

"My dear , why are you doing all this work , where is that lazy girl " he asked me coming into the kitchen .

"Uncle just yesterday u called me ur other daughter and now ur treating me as guest " I asked him faking my anger . And he sighted .

"Alright no point of arguing with women , I have experienced that with my wife and daughter " he said rolling his eyes while I smiled " now that I can smell ginger tea please serve me a cup of it " he requested sitting on the dining table .

After serving breakfast and tea uncle took his medicines , and then he sat in his rocking chair reading news paper well it's too early to go for shopping anyways . Now what should I do ? How can I forget my favorite park which I always used to visit for my morning walk . Informing uncle I was on my way . Navya's house was a bit far but I enjoyed the stroll.
I felt so peaceful this moment. After half an hour I reached there and sat on my usual bench looking at the ducklings in the lake . I just sat there without thinking anything ............

And then I went to the tea stall which I used to visit , the owner uncle was surprised but was very happy to see me . Then he severed me his famous samosa and herbal tea for free which I enjoyed thoroughly , he sat along with me and we started chatting about my life , upon knowing my engagement he congratulated and blessed me . The shop is getting quite crowded so I said my goodbyes.

I walked back home by now it was 10 , but after many days I felt happy doing doing my old routine . When I entered the gate I spotted uncle cutting dry leaves from the plants , I greeted him and went inside to find navya getting ready for shopping.

She looked radiant wearing dark red chudidhar , she left her hair open and with a rose pinned at the side.

"Hmm trying to impress your hubby " I asked her , while she grinned happily and twirled around

"Am I looking good ?" She asked while I gave thumbs up! She squealed hugging me .......

"Thank u for this nandu having big fat Indian wedding is my dream " she said tightening her hold I just patted her back not knowing what to say .

"What are my favorite girls doing?" Cabir's voice interrupted our moment .

"I was just telling her that I am on her side when ever u guys quarrel " I simply stated   .

"Even though if she is wrong?" He questioned while I shrugged casually while navya cheered 'girl power' .

"I take my word back , your not my favorite girl now !" He said sulkily ,  while I went and pulled his cheeks laughingly , he's such a kid .

"Well my love has me , what say  " I heard maniks voice who just entered smiling widely at me , I just scoffed hearing him.

"Am I missing something here" Cabir asked smirking evilly, what's cooking in his evil brain only he knows I thought .