Part 59

Nandhini's pov :

Two months have been a roller coaster ride , not only for me but for everyone .

Standing here today witnessing ,Cabir and navya's wedding in cabir's house is a bittersweet feeling . Though I always wished for this for them but not like this . Two months ago navya went back to her home claiming she has exams . Then all of a sudden her fathers health deteriorated alarmingly . The heart problem has been troubling him from long . Cabir shifted him here for better treatment but there was no positive result . So finally cabir decided uncle will be shifted to Singapore. Senior singhania knows someone there . But uncle wanted to watch navya's wedding before he goes for his further treatment and surgery, chances of him living are very less as doctors said . But Cabir didn't want leave any hope and I am very proud of him .

Shockingly it was navya who said yes first to this  wedding with Cabir when her father asked her .

The marriage chants broke my reverie , there stood my brother wearing a simple sherwani of grey color looking handsome and navya was adorned with her mothers jewelry and wearing a beautiful lime Yellow  lehenga . I and Kushi readied her . Navya was wearing a smile but I can see how heartbroken she is , everything has taken a toll on her . She has been crying continuously. Sitting there she looked lost . There was no pre-marriage rituals no fun and no laughter and teasings. After all every girl dreams of a fairytale wedding . I sighted feeling bad for her my chirping friend became so quite .

Manik came wheeling the wheel chair on which uncle was sitting who was looking frail but he was very happy ,one say by looking at his face .

Kushi and me were wearing simple designer chudidhars gifted by our lovely brother .

The priest was chanting the prayers while navya and Cabir were doing pooja . We all showered them with flowers after their garland exchange after their seven rounds around the sacred fire then Cabir tied the magalsutra making navya his  wife .

They went near uncle first and touched his feet " have a beautiful life ahed children and give me lots of grandchildren " he said teasing them and for the first time we all smiled today looking at the blushing couple .

After taking blessing of his parents  , we all sat to have lunch from morning bride and groom didn't eat anything .

Then I guess all were tired because we didn't really sleep from yesterday night preparing  the small stage arranged with simple decoration . The elders retired to their room for taking a nap . Even Cabir and navya went to change their clothes . I closed my eyes feeling very tired .

" hey " Manik said sitting next to me , I automatically leaned on his chest . He brushed my now messy hair gently .

"What happened love , you were silent from morning " he asked kissing my forehead .

"This was not like a normal wedding " I sighted .

"Hmm I know but everything was prepared in last minute so we really didn't get time and uncle is going for surgery tomorrow, everyone are anxious and not in the mood to celebrate the moment " he explained

"I know but I had plans for cabirs wedding " I said begrudgingly. I wanted him and navya to enjoy their wedding to the fullest .

"Now what can we do ? " he calmly asked me but I shook my head and hugged him .

What should I do to make them happy , those two are always there for me and now it's my turn to make them happy .