❤️Reddie: Done❤️

⚠️WARNING, THIS ONESHOT IS SAD, BUT ME BEING ME IT WILL END HAPPY, THIS DEALS WITH SUICIDAL ACTIONS AND SELF HARM IM SORRY I ALSO DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT GOES ON WITH HOSPITALS I APOLOGIZE SEVERELY⚠️
Set in 2019
Age: 16/17
Eddies POV
The first sign was when Richie all of a sudden began wearing long sleeve shirts in 80 degree weather. Derry spring and summers are very hot and humid and no one in their right mind would wear a black long sleeve shirt. When I asked him about it, he just responded with, "Don't worry about me, I just threw on the first shirt I saw"
I didn't believe what he said but I didn't wanna pry too much, even though I'm known for overthinking everything. The second sign was when it was the hottest day yet in summer and the losers wanted to go swim at the quarry. Richie was once again wearing a long sleeve shirt. Everyone was already in the water, but I didn't want to go without Richie. I asked him once again why he was wearing a long sleeve shirt. He didn't really answer me, he just told me not to 'worry my pretty little head about it'.
  About a week after that happened, I decided to go to his house to check up on him. I walked up to his front door. I heard yelling and frantic speaking from the inside.
'CALL 911' I heard Mrs. Tozier yell. I began to panic. My heart began to race and I could hear it beating in my ears. I turned the knob to their front door, which unsurprisingly was open. I saw Mr. Tozier on the phone with a 911 operator and Mrs. Tozier on the floor holding an unconscious Richie with bloody wrists in her arms. She looked up and saw me standing there. My jaw was dropped and my eyes were blurry with unshed tears. I knew something was wrong why the fuck didn't I say anything?!
   An ambulance was heard outside the house and two EMTs came in the house. Everything went in slow motion. Richie being put on a stretcher, his parents crying, Richie being put in the ambulance, being driven to the hospital. His parents were driven to the hospital as well. I began to sob.
                       Time Skip
  It was a few hours later and all the losers were at the hospital. We didn't know much, but his parents told us that he was going to be ok, and that the doctors told us that we could see him. The losers told me that I should go first to try and talk to him and make sense in why he would do this to himself. I walked into his hospital room, where he was sitting in there alone on the hospital bed. I closed the door behind me. I walked over and sat in the chair next to his bed.
"Hey Eds" Richie said to me. His voice sounded hoarse, like he hasn't drank water in days.
"Why?" I asked him immediately after.
"Eddie-" he began but I cut him off
"No, why would you do this?! Why didn't you talk to me? You know I would've listened to whatever was going on with you"
"Eddie you couldn't have helped me" he told me
"Why not?"
"Because" he said
"Because what?"
"My issues aren't yours to fix" he told me
"Are you fucking serious?! That's all I want to do. I want to help you. I want to be your shoulder to cry on. I want to be there when you're feeling like this. Why did you do this? Why would you want to leave us? Why would you want to leave me?" I began to cry once again.
"You wanna know why? It's because I'm fucking worthless Eddie. All I do is annoy everyone everyday. My ADHD ridden brain doesn't know how to fucking shut up, I'm a fucking burden to my parents. Why am I here? I serve no purpose to anyone. Im not worth be saved"
"Richie" I began. I stood up and walked over to lay on the bed next to him. "Why would you think you aren't worth being saved?"
"Why wouldn't I?"
"Chee, you mean so much to so many people. Me, the losers, your parents. If you weren't here do you know how fucked up things would be? You may not know it, but you are the center of all of our lives. Especially mine. Trust me when I say this, we need you here."
He began to cry and he wiped away his tears.
"Dammit Eds. Why you gotta be so perfect?"
"I just wanna be there for you. So promise me, if you ever feel this way again, come talk to me, or somebody else you trust, please? This scared the living shit out of me"
"I promise"

⚠️IM NOT TRYING TO ROMANTICIZE SELF HARM IN ANYWAY THATS JUST FUCKED UP, I JUST WANTED TO SHOW EDDIE BEING THERE FOR RICHIE IN THIS VERY DIRE SITUATION, IM NOT DOING WELL AND I WROTE THIS, SO, YEAH, ALSO I DIDNT GO INTO WRITING THIS WITH NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT SELF HARM, IVE HAD EXPERIENCE WITH IT PERSONALLY AND WITH PPL CLOSE TO ME, SO IK THESE FEELINGS, ANYWAY, I HOPE U ENJOYED⚠️
~asia🏳️‍🌈