Chapter 2

Being poor is sad, why? Because people treat you differently. They treat you like you are some kind of an animal and a thing that can be thrown when they don't need it anymore.

They'll make you feel unworthy and would treat you inhumane. That's society.

And that is what she feels now. Hopeless, tired. But she can't give up, especially that she is the only one who support her family.

Y/n's grandmother is sick, and she have a younger brother who also need her support. Her parents died 7 years ago because of fire accident. 

Their house got burned when she was 19, and her mother was trapped in a room so her father ran inside their house and tried to saved her mother, but he didnt succeded. The house suddenly exploded and that time y/n was starting to loose hope. But she was still hoping that her parents would come out alive. But it didn't happen.

Until now that accident was still hunting her. She couldn't sleep properly, she could hear her parents calling her name for help.  Everytime she would think of it, she would start to get scared. She gets anxious everytime she remember those tragic memory.

Now that it happened, she was now left with her grandmother and her little brother who needs her support. They need her, her little brother is still studying and her grandmother is sick. So she can't stop working. She's the only one who's capable to work and fulfill their needs. But of course she needs money to support them, they are the only family that she has. And she couldn't afford to loose them too.

Y/n stood up from her bed when she heard a knock on her small apartment.

I guess that's Mrs. Park.

She sighed. She has no money to pay for her rent. She took a deep breath and walk towards the door and open it.

Mrs. Park stood there with her cold eyes. She then extended her right arm signalling her to pay her rent.

Y/n smile nervously.

" Hello there Mrs. Park. How are you? Wow.. you look younger than the last time K saw you. How's your vacation in jeju? Did you had fun?" She said in a cheerful voice trying to distract the old lady. But the old lady's face remained cold.

Well.. That didn't work.

" That's not gonna work on me. You know why I'm here Miss. So pay now. I need that money."

She said nonchalantly. Y/n's smile dropped.

" uhm.. about that. I dont have money, Mrs. Park. But don't worry I'll pay you as soon as I have a money. " she assured her but she only shook her head.

" Then when will you have? I need that now! " the woman said impatiently.

" I'm really sorry.. I really don't have money.. " She said in a low voice. 

" It's that so..? Then leave this house if you can't pay me!" the old lady raise her voice; clearly angry.

Oh no.. I already lost my job I can't this apartment too.

" Please Mrs. park, I promise I will pay you. I promise. "

" I'm sorry dear, no money? no apartment. Now leave! "

" No please! Just this one last chance. Please, mrs. park... I beg you.. please, I have nowhere else to go."

" Do I look like i care?! "

" Please? I beg you with all my heart... I promise I will triple my payment. Just don't let me leave this house. please..."

She keeps on begging and Mrs. Park thought about it for a seconds before she sigh.