Chapter eleven

I looked over to the passenger side to see her asleep. She had a faint smile on her face and her hair was tucked behind her ear.

She looked so beautiful.

Stop Blane. Eyes back on the road.

I focused back on the road trying to wash all of my thoughts of Lacey out of my head. So I turned on the radio and began to softly sing making sure not to wake her.

I didn't know where we were going exactly, but this storm we drove into on the border between Missouri and Oklahoma was getting really strong, so I decided to turn into a hotel and check in.

I left the car running while Lacey still slept. I walked to the front desk and asked for one room, all they had was a one bed available.

"I'll take it, thank you." I said as I handed her the black card.

Logan gave me the black card for things like these, it's got more than enough money to live off of. He wanted to make sure Lacey would be taken care off.

I waited for the clerk to hand me the keys to the room as I stood in thought.

Logan was so sure we would end up together. Hell I was believing it, but the one thing he told me before he gave me the order to begin looking out for her, becoming friends, was to be careful to not fall in love, even though your job now is to protect her, falling in love with her could destroy her if she knew all of the secrets, I can't have my lil cuz heartbroken.

So yeah I've known the ripper for a while, I acted like I didn't know who he was when Lacey had me over. I had to. I had to act like I wasn't all the way in the MC yet, to protect her.

"Here are your keys sir." The Clerk said and smiled back, batting her eyelashes.

I knew she was flirting with me, so I winked back.

Even though it totally felt weird because it wasn't Lacey, but I had to make sure to maintain options in case I had to get my mind off her.

I shouldn't have fucking kissed her. She got me all fucking riled up and I just, I was so turned on by her confidence I had to test to see if I affected her as much as she affected me.

But now I wanna kiss her again. And again. And again.

Fuck.

I walked out to the car and parked it by our room number, I grabbed the bags quitly and laid them on the bed to go back out to the car and get her.

I slowly opened the door and unbuckled her, trying to make sure she didn't get soak by the rain. I picked her up bridal style and ran her into the room and laid her on the bed.

"Where are we?" She asked sleepily. "How long have I been asleep?"

"Good evening sweetheart." I said back grinning while taking of my leather and sitting it on the chair by the desk.

"Missouri and just for about 4 hours or so, I had to get a room cause that storm out there was getting bad. Sorry for getting you wet." I replied winking at her.

"Oh you wish you perv. I'm gonna take a shower." She said.

I nodded as I sat on the bed and removed my boots, she had left the door slightly open so I could see her reflection in the mirror.

What a tease.

Even though I was intrigued as I watched her slowly take off her long sleeve shirt and shimmy out of her jeans. All I could see was her small cleavage, and the beginning of her waist where it slightly curved out just a tad.

I bit my bottom lip.

Fuck. I wanna get in there with her now.

"Hey could you set a towel on the sink for me?" She asked sweetly by popping her head out of the door.

I got up grabbed a clean set of towels and threw one at her. I know if got any closer I'd want a taste, i wouldn't be able to control myself seeing her with as much as exposed skin as that.

"Rude." She said as the towel hit her face.

I laughed and she gave me the bird.

Then I remembered that there was only one bed, no layout sofa, no couch, just one bed and a desk.

Fuck.

Ice cold shower for me next.