Chapter 29

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"Well as long as I marry you love, your daddy is giving me the keys to the city. Which in fact makes you a princess in waiting I suppose."

"Father? I don't have one." I claimed.

"Oh yes you do love. You will meet him soon enough."

"You are lying. My mother and father are dead. Logan is the closest thing I have to a dad." I said standing up from my chair.

"No love, Logan is lying. Your mother yes she is in fact dead. But your father is the richest, most powerful man in the city. In fact he owns this beautiful place you are at right now. He bought it especially for us to share our days together before the wedding."

I scoffed. "I am NOT marrying you!" I exclaimed.

"I think you'll do what I tell you to do young lady." A low and dark voice said from behind me.

"Excuse me?!" I exclaimed as I turned around to meet the man in the eyes.

"I said you will do what I tell you too. You are in fact marrying Jack, he's the best option you have." The man said.

He was tall, black hair with piercing green eyes. He had a 5'clock shadow resting on his face with facial expression of nothingness. His eyes held no humanity.

"Like I would listen to you. Who do you think you are?! He is not the best option for me."

"Oh and Blane is? Silly fool, he is nothing but a liar. Him and your piece of shit cousin have been keeping you from me for years now. I am your father Lacey and you will do as I say."

My face went expressionless. I was speechless.

They knew?! Blane knew I had a dad who was alive?! Why didn't they tell me?! There had to be a logical explanation for this. Oh you know maybe because he was obviously in the same type of stuff logan and all of the boys are in, but this man had to be more cruel and evil to get where he is.

"As for you Jack the wedding will be tonight. I know it's two days early, but we must relocate as soon as possible. "

The man turned to me, "Lacey I suggest you get the servants to find an appropriate bridal dress, I will see you tonight as I hand you and your husband the keys to the city. I've been waiting for you to come of age, I'm so happy for this day to have come." He said as he leaned down to kiss my forehead but I pulled back.

"Now if you don't behave I won't even waste a breath on you before I do exactly what I did to your mother. She did not listen very well." He said smirking.

What the fuck?!

"You killed my mother?!?!" I said standing up to him.

"Not necessarily. A story for another time." He said as he began to walk away.

"Hey dickhole I asked you a fucking question and I demand an answer!" I exclaimed as I pushed him on the back.

He turned around and slapped me so hard that I fell to the floor.

"YOU WILL NOT DEMAND ANYTHING FROM ME!! FOR I AM THE KING OF THIS CITY AND YOUR OWN FATHER!! YOU DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO CHILD!" He yelled as he spat in my face.

I held my face in my hands as he walked away.

"Lacey are you oka-"

"Don't fucking touch me jack." I spat at him as I ran up to my room.

I sat in the window sill and let a tear roll down my face, but quickly wiped it away as a servant came in with some ice for my face.

I nodded in thanx.

Blane, please hurry.