Chapter 46

I woke up to the sound of someone rummaging in my room. I could hear my drawers being opened and closed, things being shuffled around and mumbled whispers in the air.

I kept my eyes closed and felt for Aaron with my foot.

Aaron rolled over sleepily to where his face was facing mine and the room went complete silent.

I now know people were looking for something in my room.

After a couple of minuets of complete silence the muffled sounds and footsteps began to emerge again.

I opened my eyes a smidge to see two men rummaging through my things.

What the hell were they looking for? I couldn't makeout any facial features because Aaron's face was in my eye sight.

I took my hand and placed it on Aaron's chest, remembering our secret code we created when we were younger to let the other person know we were in trouble.

I tapped him three times, paused then tapped him three more times but in different areas on his chest. It was a lot easier to do on a door or window, but his chest was just going to have to do.

Aaron's eyes squinted open and I held his arm down before he began to stretch.

I opened my eyes giving him an almaring look as I moved my eyes to behind him and then back to staring at him.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me and then realized we weren't the only ones in the room when he heard the shuffling of footsteps.

"Who's here?" He mouthed to me.

I gave him my idk face.

"The gun, under your pillow." He mouthed.

I used my hand and slowly slid it under my pillow to feel the cold pistol laying beneath it.

I slowly pulled it to myself and handed it to Aaron.

Aaron grabbed the gun and quickly turned around aiming the gun at the two men.

"Who the fuck are you and what do you want?" He yelled.

I hopped up from bed and got behind Aaron praying that this wasn't about to be a shoot out.

The men held their hands up in surrender and slowly cowardly liked walked backwards to my doorway.

"Who are you?!" Aaron yelled raising the gun at them, "tell me now or you are both dead!" He yelled.

Then the men took off out of my room, running for their lives.

Aaron shot down the hallway hitting one of the men in leg but still allowing both the men to run out the front door and jump into an unmarked van as me and Aaron ran out and he still was shooting after them.

"What the fuck just happened?" I asked him.

"I have no idea. I haven't had to use one of these in forever not to mention I'm still groggy from waking up. What were they searching for?" He asked as we both stood outside, me in Blanes shirt and Aaron in nothing but his boxers.

"I-idk." I replied feeling very confused at to why two men were searching for something in my room but were unarmed. "They couldn't have been from a gang or my dads gang, they were unarmed and didn't even try to tie us up or hold us hostage. Maybe it was just a normal break in?" I said.

"No. They were looking for something specific. Maybe not gang related but I doubt it, those men looked clean cut. They must be from somewhere upper class." He said.

"London upperclass? Like maybe owning a fancy nightclub upperclass?" I asked.

"Yeah actually. How did you come up with that one?" Aaron asked as we began to walk back inside.

"Here. Found this on the porch as we were walking in." I said handing him a business card that was black with gold lettering.

"Jay Rogers, London Crystal Nightclub establishments." Aaron read aloud.

"Why the hell are people from london who own a mightclub rummaging through your room?" He asked me.

"Idk. I've never been to London. I am as confused as you are." I said.

"Why don't we go pick up your room and look around after I call Logan. Maybe we could try to find some clues as to what they were trying to achieve here." I shook my head in agreement as Aaron phoned Logan.

My head was spinning with questions and confusion. What did London want with me? Or what I supposedly had? I have never been to London, nor do I think Logan ever has either. I know the gang has never traveled there and doesn't have any business ties there either. What were owners of a fancy nightclub from London doing in Alaska?

"Hey Logan will be home tomorrow, says he's got a present for you and that we will talk about all this more when he gets here. Wants to me to be night watch just in case they try coming back." Aaron said as we walked to my room together to pick up all the clutter.

"Wait. Leave everything as is. Let's have logan look at it, he may know something we don't." Aaron said.

"Yeah your right." I replied.

"Movie night?" I asked.

"Just nothing boring I gotta stay awake tonight." Aaron said, "absolutely no romance movies."

"What about some horror films?" I asked with a smile.

"Done deal." He said giving me a grin.