Chapter 45

It had felt like years since I've seen her face, touched her skin, kissed her lips but it only had been a month. I was finally getting better and able to walk, still had to have help with crutches but my stitches were healing and my bruises were fading.

"When can I see her?" I asked Christain as we were sitting on the sofa in dingers living room playing COD.

"Idk. Idk where they are, I left a message at the bar for Logan if he went back there. But I haven't heard anything. You know he put her somewhere in hiding just in case her fathers gang would riot up which is exactly what they are doing." He said.

"Yeah I know. But what about a phone call?" I asked missing her sweet voice.

"Idk her number man. It's not a good idea someone could trace it. Logan probably ditched the phones as soon as they left."

"Yeah. You are right." I said as I sunk lower into the couch, I missed her. She was probably killing herself trying to figure out if I had been left for dead or if I was still breathing. She was probably torturing herself, blaming herself. Ugh.

I couldn't take this any longer. It was like my skin was itching to be touched by her, I was getting irritated at every little thing and lashing out. I couldn't handle not being able to talk to her or see her. Plus our last encounter had me very sexually frustrated. I wanted to feel her again, wanted to stare at her bite her bottom lip while I kissed her chest.

Just fuck. I'm over here lovesick and being a total hallmark movie boy, I'm gonna end up going mentally insane if I don't get to see my baby.

After a few rounds of COD we heard someone knocking on the door. It wasn't Dingers secret knock either.

Me and Christain grab our pistols and I crotch down by the couch while Christain slowly opens the door.

We were prepared to shoot who ever thought they could enter in here, we thought it must be someone from Laceys dads gang. Who knows everyone is trying to kills us right now.

Christian opened the door the rest of the way pistol aimed in front of him and the end of the gun pointed right in Logan's face.

"Christian i would advise you to get that out of my face before I do some serious damage to yours." Logan said.

I came out from my crouching spot and started laughing at Christians apology to logan.

"I'm sorry. I would never you know-" Christian rambled.

"Shut up. Is he here?" Logan asked.

"Alive and well, kinda crippled but breathing." I said as I was leaning on my crutches.

Logan had a smile on his face and made his way over to hug me.

"Good. I'm glad. A certain someone has been awaiting your arrival." He said as he realeased me from the embrace.

"Is she here?" I asked getting butterflies in my stomach at the thought of her walking through the door.

"No. She's in a safe house right now. Get your things and we will take you to her." He said.

I had a huge smile on my face as Christain helped me with some of the stuff I still had and load it into the black Jeep Logan was driving.

"Send her my love." Christain said giving me a hug.

"I will." I said before jumping into the front seat of the Jeep.

I get to see my baby. I was the happiest man alive.

After a while of riding in silence, Logan cleared his throat.

"So I just wanted to thank you, for you know everything with Lacey." He said.

"You are welcome." I replied. "She for sure was not an easy one to handle. But I wouldn't change a thing, but thank you for giving me the job to protect her. If you never gave me that job I wouldn't have ever met her and fallen for her." I said.

"Yeah I know, probably shouldn't have gave you the job, but I'm happy you make her happy." He said.

"I'm happy I can make her happy too." I said and turned my head back to face the window.

"You really love her don't you?" He asked.

"Yes I do." I said.

Logan just nodded his head and turned the radio up a bit to fill the silence in the car.

"How long till we are there?" I asked over the music.

"48 hours." He replied.

In two days I was going to see my girl. I couldn't wait.