Chapter XXI

Taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Even though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it gives no attention to any bird than the one it first marked

- Yamamoto Tsunetomo

I slowly turn around and see the waitress smiling hard.

"Yes asusté verdad?" She asks me while laughing.

I reply, "La neta, no. No me pueden asustar tan fácilmente.."

She looks at me puzzled. She tells me her name is Melissa and I tell her my name is Robert. She grabs me by my arm and we start walking across the street. She tells me that she noticed me when I first walked in with my friend. I tell her that I was on vacation and that my friend and I were there to get away from all the stuff in the USA. She goes on telling me that I picked the wrong place to vacation because there is a cartel boss that lives in town and tries to win the people over because he wants them to back him up if anything were to happen to him. And then she stops and puts her hand over her mouth.

"Person. Nunca hubiera dicho eso." she says.

"No te preocupes. A mí no me importa los narcos. Estoy aquí para divertirte me y alomejor tener compañía para la noche si es posible." I tell her.

We walk inside the hotel and go up to my room. I lock the door and tell her to get comfortable. I go to the restroom and tell everyone that I'm going to be in the hotel for a while and that they can go back to the farm when they're done. I need to extract some information from the waitress at the bar. They reply that they will do that and that they will debrief me in the morning. I come back out and see Melissa laying back on the bed.

"No vayas a pensar que nomás porque estamos en tu cuarto algo va pasar." She says.

I laugh and tell her that I'm not looking for that kind of company. I just want to get to know her and her town. She gives me a small smile and tells me that when most men hear that, they tell her to leave or try to force themselves on her. I tell her that she has nothing to worry about. I just want to talk. I sit on the foot of the bed and take off her shoes. I start massaging her feet and she tells me that it feels good since she was walking for 6 straight hours. I tell her to tell me about herself, and she starts telling me that she's the only girl in a family of 3. I start massaging her calf muscle and she starts to bite her fingernail and gives me a sexy look.

"Parece que tú sabes lo que estás haciendo." She says while laughing and giving me a sexy look.

I look into her eyes and then back at her legs. Melissa was wearing a skirt that went up to her thighs. I tell her that she has soft legs. She scoots next to me and leans in to kiss me. I kiss her back and then I remember Zaelia. I gently push her back without completely rejecting her.

"Que pasa? Algo está mal?" She asks.

"No, nada. Nomas tengo un buen rato que no he estado con una mujer. Especialmente desde que se fue mi comprometida." I tell her.

"Eres muy bueno para que te estén dejando." She says.

I get up and ask her to walk to the window with me. I tell her to look up into the sky. "Que vez?" I ask her.

She looks and says, "Las estrellas y la luna."

I turn her around and tell her "Nomás estás viendo el cuadro pequeño. Quieres saber lo que yo miró? Yo veo el cielo con estrellas brillantes y hermosas. Una luna que alumbra el mundo como si estuviera compartiendo con el sol. Miró un universo que aún no está explorado."

I look at her and tell her that she's beautiful, just like the sky. Bright and mysterious. She brings me to the bed and kisses me again. I kiss her back and then stop her again.