Chapter LXXXV

I must be cruel, only to be kind.

William Shakespeare

I wake up and see that I was under the scanner in the computer room.

"I passed out didn't I?" I ask.

I turn around and notice everyone was in the room. Everyone including Horacio and Roberto.

I smile at them and say "You finally see my secret house."

They tell me that it was a nice underground house. I tell them that when I get better, I would give them a tour. They tell me to get better first because the tour can always wait. I nod in agreement and Lydia comes up to me and apologizes for yesterday. I tell her not to worry because I already fixed the problem and that she was still young and had a lot to learn about being humble. She squeezes my hand and tears fall from her eyes. I try to get up and Eve tells me to stay down. Jasmine tells me to listen to her and I stay still. The twins tell me that they were worried and I tell them that I was never going to die because I was immortal. They smile and come up to me to hold my hands. Eve says that the scan shows that I had an internal infection and that some antibiotics would help with that. Lydia says that Claudia left an emergency doctor's kit behind for cases like this. She leaves the room and then comes back after a few minutes. Eve tells Lydia what to do, step by step. Lydia follows the instructions down to the letter and then turns me around and inject me with antibiotics in the left butt cheek.

"There, hopefully, you should get better," Lydia says.

I reply "the antibiotics will take a few days to run their course. So I should be better in two to three days' time."

Horacio and Roberto tell me that they will keep watch over the girls.

Karen was about to speak up and I interrupt her, "Horacio, in the meantime, I need you to finish making the arrows and make some targets. Teach the girls how to use them, Roberto, watch over the ranch, Karen will take care of me in the meantime. Josh will return in a few days, I should be better by then."

Everyone says ok to the plan and the girls tell me that they don't want to learn because they want to stay with me.

I reply to them, "Girls, you need to learn this way of survival because once I leave next year, and everything is done with getting people to fight, once the war is over, you will need to be there to help me find Evelyn. She's alive, I know she is, but I can't do it alone. So I need you four to be ready just in case we need to fight. I know that the four of you have kind hearts, but even a kind heart must learn to fight because it must stand up and protect those that need protection. That goes protecting each other, myself and Eve."

They say ok and I tell everyone that I was going to take a nap because I felt drained. The girls all come to me and kiss me on my forehead, cheek, and hand. I smile and tell them that I would see them in a few days. They say ok and I close my eyes to take a long-deserved nap.

"Dad...Dad. Daddy wake up." Ayeka says while shaking my arm.

I groan and slowly start to wake up.

"What happened baby?" I ask her.

She tells me that there was a guy looking for me to build an antenna for Lydia. I tell her to help me get up and Eve tells me that I needed to lay down. I tell her that I would lay back down as soon as I get this business finished, she tells me to take Genesis with me so they can monitor my vitals. I say ok and Ayeka helps me strap on Genesis on my wrist. Ayeka takes my hand and we go back upstairs. I get out of the garage and walk towards the guy, Lydia, and Roberto. Roberto tells me that I needed to lay down and rest, Lydia starts yelling at Ayeka and I stop her.