Chapter LXXIII

My father was a bad boy, a rascal. That's what him do for a living. He just go around and have a million and one children!

Peter tosh

Eve asks who it is and I tell her that it's my dad. She grabs me by my arm and pulls me hard. The girls could barely keep up with us. We walk fast and get to a taxi and get inside. The taxi drives off and she apologizes for yanking me out of the airport. I tell her that it was fine because if she didn't do that, then I would've done something stupid. She tells me that THAT's why she did it. I thank her and tell her that there was no need for an apology. She looks at me while I take a few deep breaths.

"I wonder if he just wanted to talk," Eve says.

I tell her that I didn't care if he wanted to give me money. Either way, I still wouldn't have given him the time of the day.

The taxi takes us to my mom's house and we get off and I pay the driver. My mom asks why I didn't call and I tell her that I saw her ex-husband at the airport and we ran.

"Did he talk to you?" She asks.

I tell her no because We ran from him after he called my name.

"Son, he's your dad, you should talk to him. Maybe he wants to pick up his relationship with you?" She tells me.

I tell her that I didn't want to talk to him and what was the point of picking up the relationship where he left.

"Do you really think that I want to pick up the conversation where he left off? The last conversation that I had with him was when he told me that he wasn't coming back because he said that three kids were too expensive to maintain. But we didn't ask to be born into this world." I tell her.

My mom looks at me sighs and then speaks up "Son, you have too much hate in you. You need to let that go. It will consume you one day and when it does, you will end up mistreating your future wife and your kids. Please? Let your hate go. Walk away from it. Ask God to help you with it."

I take off my shirt and turn around and say "I'll let my hate go when these scars fade. Why don't you ask God to make them go away? If he really is all-powerful like you say he is, then he should not have a problem making them fade. But he won't do it. Why? Because all Christians, including you mom. Say that its all part of his big plan. And if he already knows the plan, then he should know what's going to happen and stop it before it happens because that's what a parent does, right? He's OUR father in heaven? Then a protective father should protect his children. But he doesn't. Why? Because he doesn't exist!" I say very angrily.

My starts to walk up to me and she raises her hand.

Eve gasps, the twins then yell "No, grandma, don't hit my daddy!"

They hold on to my hands and my mom lowers her hand, sighs, and says "One day my son, you will see that God is almighty and his plan is perfect."

I put my shirt back on and hug my little protective angels.

After a long conversation, I told my mom why I came to Dallas. Once I asked her if she could come to DC with me and stay for a week or two, she said yes and that she was going to have April stay with my twin sisters. I tell her to call April so that we can leave today because I had some things that I needed to take care of when going back home. She says that April would come in the evening and I tell her that it was fine. Just as long as we left today.

After a few hours, April finally shows up and my mom already had her bags packed. April asks me what the story was with our dad and I tell her that I didn't want to talk about it. She tells me playing that my dad wanted to be a daddy again. I just ignore her.