Chapter XIV

If revenge motivates you, go for it! But the main thing is to set your game in order. –

Viswanathan Anand

I run out of the station and shoot anyone that is still moving. I drop my rifle and run to the corner and get in a taxi. I hear everyone on the radio that they are on their way back to the house. I tell the driver to drop me off at the corner so that he doesn't know where he dropped me off. I run to the house and everyone is there waiting and wondering what happened.

Everyone talking at the same time asks me why we had to leave in such a hurry? I kick the table and yell that the son of a bitch has my daughter and my ex-wife. I hear a car stop in front of the house and see a taxi. I walk up to the door and see Lawrence and Marcus get out of the taxi and apologize for being late because the border on the Mexico side was asking too many questions about why they were going into Mexico. I debrief them, and they sit down and start asking me what the plan is.

"We're going to my ex-wife's house to find out how they found that Genesis was my daughter," I tell everyone.

They look at me and just stare. I look at every single one and ask what's wrong. They just look at me with deep sadness.

Fito speaks up, "Bro you got to think about this right. You know that the guy got your daughter because he wants you to walk into his trap. We would all do whatever is needed to help you, but your daughter is in danger. You can't think on emotions this time, you have to stay calm and think about what you are going to do if he asks you to go to where he is."

I look at him and reply "look you guys, when I asked you all to help me, you all said ok. But even though I am mixed with emotions, my war mind is thinking of ways to get out of this, you must trust me on this. I have a way to get out of this if we all work together."

Drew replies "I trust you bro, what's the plan to kill these fuckers and get your daughter back?"

"Ok, we go to my ex's house ask her parents where my ex is and try to get information out of them. Then, if they tell us who got them, then we go to them and plan our own trap." I reply.

"Ok, but what if they don't know anything? Marcus asks.

"Then we go to someone else and see if they know anything, and if no one knows anything, then we go to my godfather's house and ask him for help, he's retired colonel with the Mexican military, but I'm sure he still has connections all over the city with the cops and the military," I reply.

"Sounds like a plan to me," says A.B.

We put in a few automatic weapons, the sniper rifles and a few other treats into the duffel bag. We all carry pistols and put everything in the suburban that I had left behind a few weeks ago and go to my ex's house.

Once we get there, we see my ex-brother in law and his parents outside the house crying and arguing. I get out of the suburban and my cousin follows me out there.

"Dónde está Elizabeth y Genesis?" I ask.

"Tu tienes toda la culpa Nicholas!" Yells my brother in law.

"La culpa de que? Que pasó??" I exclaim.

"Vinieron unos policías y se llevaron a mi carnala y mi sobrina porque dijeron que necesitaban que hablar con ella. Pero también había otra troca negra. Dice mi ama que alomejor eran narcos. Cuando se fue la policía, la troca los siguió y se fueron con ellos." He explains.

"Pero porque vinieron por ellas? Nadie sabía que estábamos casados o que Génesis estaba aquí. Nomás sabían de Zaelia y las niñas." I yell.

"Porque vinieron unos hombres a mí trabajo preguntando del tiroteo y de tu mujer. Y cuando nadie supo nada, yo les dije que tú estabas en el tiroteo. Después cuando el estación de policías fue balasiado, vinieron los policías y se llevaron a mi hermana y a la niña. Por eso todo esto es tu culpa." He yells at me while pushing me.