Chapter LXXXIV

Building a house is like producing a movie. There's no right way to do it but a lot of wrong ways. You have to be flexible and creative. You have to move fast, be prepared - or it quickly becomes costly.

Jeremy Renner

A week had passed and I had already called the contractor to build the Wardenclyffe Tower. The construction workers were already clearing out the land for the businesses that I had already chosen. Everything was already paid for. So the following week, the workers were going to be here to build everything. When I showed the schematics to the contractor for the tower, he told me that it would take about a year to build. I told him that I didn't care because this tower was going to revolutionize everything. He told me ok and that he would be here Monday morning to start building it. I thanked him and waited until Monday.

During the week that I called for the cleaning crew, I had gone into town to buy more wood around the same thickness of the arrow that the man made for me. I had gone out to the farm and found the gentleman to help me build the arrows. His name was Horacio, he was an older, wise man, when we would talk, he talk of the tales of the land, almost like he was native American. I would ask him if he was Indian and he told me that he didn't know, the only thing that he would tell me was that he was "mestizo" which basically meant a combination of native American and Spanish blood. So he was native American, only he didn't know what tribe he was from. I could only calculate that he was either Aztec, Maya or Comanche. Since the Comanche was the only tribe that I remember being part of Texas and Mexico. During that week, Horacio would teach me how to make better bows, better arrows, how to fish without the need of a pole, how to make spears, he truly was a remarkable man. I could sit and listen to him for hours. Many times he told me that once we were done, he needed to get back to work, but I would tell him that with everything that he showed me, that was his job and that he could go home and take the rest of the day off with the same pay as though he was working in the fields. He thanked me every time I sent him home early. I figured that he was a kind of kindred spirit, I could feel a connection to him, almost as if it was something familiar. I think my blood was trying to wake up and tell me something, or maybe it was trying to make a connection with Horacio. Either way, he was a treasure that I needed to protect, if he truly was a native American, then he must be protected at all costs.

When Horacio went home, I asked Jasmine to take me to town to buy ammo shells from the store. I was only allowed to buy 2 boxes per day, so I went to the store every day that week to buy shells for the pistols and the semi automatic guns. I had to teach my girls, whether they liked it or not, how to shoot a gun, or a bow and arrow. I needed to make sure that if anything were to happen to me, for any reason, they must be able to protect themselves.

While the cleaning machines were almost done cleaning out the land I asked for, I asked them to do one more job for me, They made a trail that connected the tower spot, with the spot where the businsses were going to be at, and from the spot where the tower was going to be at, with a long strip of land where I wanted to make a shooting range for practicing. Whatever large rocks they dug out, I asked them to move to the end of the shooting range, as to not go any further, they would be stopped at the end of the range.

Once the shooting range was clear and the other two lands were done, I thanked all the men for their help and had my workers straighten out the land to the best of their ability. Once the weekend showed up, I walked the lands and I could imagine where the businesses would be at but I couldn't see how the tower was going to be. I saw pictures of the original Wanderclyffe, but here in person, on my land, I couldn't see it. I guess it had to be one of those things where you had to see it, to believe it.

Sunday night, Lydia was going over the numbers and was asking me where I was going to get the extra money to buy the supplies for the equipment of all the businesses. I told her that I had money in another bank where I had it put on a special savings account to make interest. She asked me how that was possible when I only told her about the money in the blue bank. I told her that I only told her about the blue bank. But the red bank was where I had the rest of the money as a last resort. She asked me how much money was in there and I looked at her and asked why she needed to know, she tells me that according to the numbers that she made, I needed close to about 20 million pesos in order to fill all the businesses with the equipment and supplies that I needed. I told her that if she wanted to know, then she could ask Eve, or maybe she doubted me in the amounts of funds that I had.